Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I wonder if RapeLay is covered under Amazon Prime. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just checked a couple games. As mentioned GTA V is one but also checked Mario Kart 8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-12121-Mario-Kart-Wii/dp/B00B8QDNW2

And just out of curiosity, I checked Uncharted 4 to see if perorders are available. It was.
    I wonder if that will change to Prime exclusive when it's released

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just checked a couple games. As mentioned GTA V is one but also checked Mario Kart 8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-12121-Mario-Kart-Wii/dp/B00B8QDNW2

And just out of curiosity, I checked Uncharted 4 to see if perorders are available. It was.
    I wonder if that will change to Prime exclusive when it's released

I'd say that would cost too much outrage. I'm guessing that they'll only do it to popular games 6+ months after release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Penn wrote: »
    Wow. That is insanely sh*tty.

I remember when HMV shut down a few years back, Amazon hiked their prices. This kind of thing happens when there's a lack of healthy competition, places that have a monopoly are free to screw the customers without fear of them turning elsewhere. That's why the closing of companies like HMV and Game are such a tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Is there a significant discount for Prime members or something? You'd almost be tempted to, y'know, buy it somewhere else...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Seems odd, physical media's days are numbered as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Myrddin wrote: »
    Is there a significant discount for Prime members or something? You'd almost be tempted to, y'know, buy it somewhere else...

Before they did this I would say Yes Prime is decent value (more so if you live in US) but not so sure now.

Also you would need to be spending 500+ a year Amazon to get the value from Prime.

Wow how to fail at business lol block people who want to from buying your products :D

They are still using asendia anyway so I'm not shopping with them until that changes. I know shipping would be different with prime but I'm not paying a premium to ensure the stuff I order actually shows up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Did anyone hear anything about that SAG-AFTRA (actors union) royalties/payment demands, whole load of **** on twitter and new sites forewarning strikes and the doom of the industry followed by nothing for 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Varik wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything about that SAG-AFTRA (actors union) royalties/payment demands, whole load of **** on twitter and new sites forewarning strikes and the doom of the industry followed by nothing for 6 months.

probably still in negotiations

https://www.sagaftra.org/interactive

• Advertisement

probably still in negotiations

https://www.sagaftra.org/interactive

Nothing past last summer which lead to the vote to allow the union to call a strike.

Apparently a meeting happened in February and some VA were saying that the strike may go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Look whose here to save the industry. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Just an update to that whole Blizzard shutting down a particularly well known Private server, there have been some rather massive changes and updates.

https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/status/726049479208529920

and a direct commentary from one of the Lead Developers
    We wanted to let you know that we’ve been closely following the Nostalrius discussion and we appreciate your constructive thoughts and suggestions.

Our silence on this subject definitely doesn’t reflect our level of engagement and passion around this topic. We hear you. Many of us across Blizzard and the WoW Dev team have been passionate players ever since classic WoW. In fact, I personally work at Blizzard because of my love for classic WoW.

We have been discussing classic servers for years - it’s a topic every BlizzCon - and especially over the past few weeks. From active internal team discussions to after-hours meetings with leadership, this subject has been highly debated. Some of our current thoughts:
    Continued here

Hopefully this all comes out well for the gaming community, it would be great to see a Legacy realm made available by Blizzard themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I havent played Wow for ages. I even got a voucher for 1 years sub and its still somewhere in a drawer. I got Beta to legion and after 30mins I just gave up on it.

Few of my friends started playing on private vanilla server Kronos. I started yesterday and played flat out about 5 hours. This morning I am playing even more. I havent had so much fun in Wow in years and years. Its so shocking how they got it so wrong from expansion to expansion.

I am now noob level 11 Gnome warrior, who giggles when finds a very rare green item. I still wear level 3-5 white stuff. Its damn hard, I died countless times, but I am having a lot of fun. Every few silvers I collect, every new green item I get makes me feel like I am actually doing progress. Leveling is part of the game and I am not under preasure to get to max level like any other expansion.

All in all if blizzard will be smart, they will make Legacy wow servers. They have their issues and horrible balances where the only viable tanking class is warrior, but it was part of the game and its awesome. If they make legacy servers I am subbing the same day they out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Reading that makes me want to sign up to vanilla again...

:)

Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster released May 12 on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Links234 wrote: »
    Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster released May 12 on Steam.

Might get that, the only thing i remember really hating about it was Tidus' ridiculously bad voice acting :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Might get that, the only thing i remember really hating about it was Tidus' ridiculously bad voice acting :/

Isn't the laugh in that scene supposed to sound fake and forced?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The voice acting in FFX is pretty good, some fine actors in the game. The recording was just a bit crappy and the dialogue was atrocious. It's tough to work with poor material.

The laughing scene is meant to be forced, and it's even worse in the Japanese version :)

• Advertisement

Disney leaving the publishing side of the industry http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/10/11652866/disney-infinity-ending

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Disney leaving the publishing side of the industry http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/10/11652866/disney-infinity-ending

That's a pity, though only the first Infinity game is in the collection and even that was barely played.
    They did make a little go a long way, spinning the concept from both the success of the Skylanders franchise and the excellent sandbox mode in the Toy Story 3 tie in for the then current consoles.
    I must pick up the V2.0 and 3.0 Infinity titles now, along with the figures, bound to be well discounted now.

A pity too, as the figures seemed well designed, though I think the Amiibo series pipped them there.

Mostly a pity about the 300 jobs lost, let's hope they find new work quickly, and something that doesn't involve plastic figures!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ubisoft will be announcing their new IP before E3, it will be an online service focused game like The Division.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Xenji wrote: »
    Ubisoft will be announcing their new IP before E3, it will be an online service focused game like The Division.

It'll be called..... The Addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read that a CEO Ubisoft conference call said he thinks that Watch Dogs 2 will be the best selling Ubi title putting it down to the 'new tone' and 'innovative gameplay'

Innovative gameplay.....never change Gaming bigwig

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I read that a CEO Ubisoft conference call said he thinks that Watch Dogs 2 will be the best selling Ubi title putting it down to the 'new tone' and 'innovative gameplay'

Innovative gameplay.....never change Gaming bigwig

It would appear he didn't play the original WatchCry Creedogs and how terribly derivative the whole thing was.
    Wouldn't touch that franchise even if I was spending someone elses money.
    I mean, who would buy Watchdogs 2 for, what, €69.99 when all you have to do is wait 4 weeks and get it for €35, new, in Argos after it tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Sweet, more Wolfenstein is a very good thing indeed, The New Order absolutely blew me away. And although it's a bit of a love it or hate it kinda game, I adore The Evil Within

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Links234 wrote: »
    Sweet, more Wolfenstein is a very good thing indeed, The New Order absolutely blew me away.

Such a fun game to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Skerries wrote: »

I remember the Prey 2 footage from before and it got me interested in the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement