Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Maybe with this revenue stream drying up Valve might actually get back to making games.
    They still get 30% of every game sold on top of all the money they make from the Marketplace, doubt their game output rate is going to change anytime soon. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Maybe with this revenue stream drying up Valve might actually get back to making games.

They will still make a fortune from the market place from people selling items and cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

New mini NES coming out with some solid games. $60 in the states, probably the same price over here in €. I wonder how it will look on the 50'

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/14/12187280/nintendo-nes-classic-console

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

RasTa wrote: »
    New mini NES coming out with some solid games. $60 in the states, probably the same price over here in €. I wonder how it will look on the 50'

Definitely getting this... a no brainer at that price €60 approx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not great, unless they've added some filter options for scanlines and a 4:3 aspect ratio etc. But the folks who'll buy it don't care about that anyway. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not great, unless they've added some filter options for scanlines and a 4:3 aspect ratio etc. But the folks who'll buy it don't care about that anyway. :D

Hey! I care! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I miss having my old NES :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    Hey! I care! :D

Ah stop, I'm baffled by the retro crowd going gaga over it (everyone else fair enough, nice way to relive some childhood classics). Cidey is probably gutted there's no mention of an SD card. :P

It'll sell like hot cakes that's for sure. :)

Hmmmm reminds me I was to hunt down a case for my Raspberry Pi running retro arcade would be pretty sweet to get a case for it like that mini nes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So the former Destructoid UK staff are launching Letsplayvideogames.com tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

gizmo wrote: »
    They still get 30% of every game sold on top of all the money they make from the Marketplace, doubt their game output rate is going to change anytime soon. ;)
    They will still make a fortune from the market place from people selling items and cards.

Stop being a pair of ruiners. At least let a man keep his dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Wont be the same without game cartridges to blow on

Wont be the same without game cartridges to blow on

Sidenote: blowing on cartridges damages them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That mini NES is completely baffling to me and the excitement around it, its just cheap crap limited to a few games running an emulator in a box, set yourself up with a Rasberry Pi running Retropi under the tv for the same money and have something thats actually useful, or just get a NES.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It's Capcom here of course they are being re-released :pac:

I have renewed hope from that Dragons Dogma will follow !!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Sidenote: blowing on cartridges damages them.

You sit on a throne of lies!

It's Capcom here of course they are being re-released :pac:

I have renewed hope from that Dragons Dogma will follow !!!! :)

It already did! http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500

Was playing it today. Fan since it came out. The high framerate (no limit!) makes it so much better.

• Advertisement

It's probably not something I'd be interested in myself, but I'm always happy to hear of more good PC ports.

Now, fingers crossed for Nioh. :)

First Darksiders game getting a remaster http://wccftech.com/darksiders-remaster-announced-nordic-games/

I didn't care for the second one at all though I'd happily replay the first one. I'd rather they just did a new one.

Remasters seem never ending now a days. Dead Rising ones are due out later in the year too.

First Darksiders game getting a remaster http://wccftech.com/darksiders-remaster-announced-nordic-games/

I didn't care for the second one at all though I'd happily replay the first one. I'd rather they just did a new one.

Remasters seem never ending now a days. Dead Rising ones are due out later in the year too.
    1. Previous generation of consoles lasted a long time.
    2. No one is forcing you to buy remakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pretty **** attitude Kiki, the more big remasters we get the less big new releases we get.

I for one can pretty much play Dark Souls indefinitely, I'd still prefer new Dark Souls games over a graphical overhaul for it though, graphics haven't come on enough in the last 6-8 years to warrant so many remasters. It's an obvious cash cow for companies, who needs to try something new when you can rerelease a 6 year old game you know will sell well again.

Fair enough with 6th Generation games, but from 7th Gen I don't like the crazy amount of remasters we're getting, I agree with the sentiment that I'd prefer a new Darksiders, the first one isn't even bad looking.

Regardless, not the thread for this debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Not a big fan of remasters myself but would love a Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver reboot!

Remasters =/= Reboot

DMC HD Collection is very different than DmC.

In news (kinda old) Gawker founder filing for personal bankcruptcy. Bon voyage media goblin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Remasters =/= Reboot

DMC HD Collection is very different than DmC.

Plus the remaster of DMC4 included a whole bunch of new stuff (3 new playable characters including fan favourite Vergil).

I don't have an issue with remasters in general, but I much prefer when they add sh*t to it to make people want to buy it and play it again rather than just a bump in graphics.

Penn wrote: »
    Plus the remaster of DMC4 included a whole bunch of new stuff (3 new playable characters including fan favourite Vergil).

That was a special edition, not remaster. DMC3 had a special edition on PS2 which the original version was also released on. And 3 new characters was the main thing DMC4:SE added. The rest was just untoggleable motion blur without .exe HEX edits, 2 cutscenes, handful of costumes (some as DLC). The other things like 60fps they advertised were in the original 7th gen release and PC release (up to 144fps). The original also performed better and looks close to identical. LDK mode was also in the original PC release which they falsly advertised as a new feature for SE.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Apparently Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 will be released tomorrow on PS4, XBox One and, for the first time for UA2, PC. They're being revamped for the new systems. It kind of came out of nowhere, but does offer the promise of an UA3. I thought Marvel Heroes was great fun, but a bit basic. And most importantly, it just wasn't the Ultimate Alliance sequel I'd hoped for. So at least this will keep the dream alive, and maybe even be modable!

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26503/sdcc_2016_marvel_ultimate_alliance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

That was a special edition, not remaster. DMC3 had a special edition on PS2 which the original version was also released on. And 3 new characters was the main thing DMC4:SE added. The rest was just untoggleable motion blur without .exe HEX edits, 2 cutscenes, handful of costumes (some as DLC). The other things like 60fps they advertised were in the original 7th gen release and PC release (up to 144fps). The original also performed better and looks close to identical. LDK mode was also in the original PC release which they falsly advertised as a new feature for SE.

Special edition - Remaster. Same thing different name. It was still a re-release of a 7-8 year old game. But that's what I'm saying, I don't mind that when they add something new to it, something to make me want to play it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement