Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yup. And if not specifically him, the guy who does his animations.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Final Fantasy XV delayed to November 29th

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/final-fantasy-xv-delayed-november-29

man, I was already annoyed about the season pass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Very interesting interview about mombot's recent ruse and the gaming climate. This woman is something else!

http://thegg.net/interviews/best-mom-eva-interview-the-uncensored-story-of-the-zachattack-dox-crew/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Very interesting interview about mombot's recent ruse and the gaming climate. This woman is something else!

http://thegg.net/interviews/best-mom-eva-interview-the-uncensored-story-of-the-zachattack-dox-crew/

Trolling level: MASTERFUL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's just the online equivalent of kids fighting in a schoolyard innit? Totally pointless and means fúck all in the grand scheme of things. I suppose it keeps them busy…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Is there any way that all these people can be identified and f**king shot for the good of human evolution?

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's just the online equivalent of kids fighting in a schoolyard innit? Totally pointless and means fúck all in the grand scheme of things. I suppose it keeps them busy…

Hey now, the internet is serious business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hey now, the internet is serious business.

It's like a civil war for Nerds… when WoW just ain't scratching that itch and you need to make shít real.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's like a civil war for Nerds… when WoW just ain't scratching that itch and you need to make shít real.

These people are not nerds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How to deal with hashtag silliness;

1) Roll eyes
    2) Move on
    3) Be happy

Now let's not drag this thread into the familiar gutter and get back to actual news, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Telltale Mr. Rbot game is now live on Android/IOS. You play a live game through a messaging app that will send out messages/clues and you have to work with other people online to solve it. Was ready to give it a go and then I saw it costs 3 bucks, nah thanks.

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/17/telltale-releases-mr-robot-game/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

EA say they are actively looking at Mass Effect remasters for current gen.

Korean ratings board leaked 'Assassins Creed: Ezio Collection' for current gen. Looks like a remaster of AC 2, Brotherhood and Revelations.

Batman Arkham remasters releasing whenever WB can get it working.

Fecking remasters...

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Korean ratings board leaked 'Assassins Creed: Ezio Collection' for current gen. Looks like a remaster of AC 2, Brotherhood and Revelations.

Fecking remasters...

I know we can take them or leave them but the way this gen on consoles has gone thus far theres little else to buy. I think Deus Ex next week will be full priced game number 6 for me this year. I know there is always a lull in summer but taking the year as a whole up to now 6 retail games for me is unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Fecking remasters...

I would quite happily stump up the money for ME current gen remasters. Would be nice to get em before Andromeda, but not sure would be possible by Marchish next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'll take a remaster of Mass Effect, if it's decent and goesn't gouge.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'll take a remaster of Mass Effect, if it's decent and goesn't gouge.

It needs to have all the DLC included as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Now that would interest me. Played AC2 before and I loved it and would play it again. If all the DLC for Brotherhood and Revelations was included, I would definitely go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,744 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Now that would interest me. Played AC2 before and I loved it and would play it again. If all the DLC for Brotherhood and Revelations was included, I would definitely go for it.

At least if all the DLC was included Assassin's Creed 2 wouldn't jump straight from Chapter 11 to Chapter 14 (the last chapter). I loved AC2 but that was done so poorly and was definitely one of the worst examples of DLC implementation.

I did really love the whole Ezio trilogy of AC games, and still think AC2 is one of the best games I've ever played, but I don't think I could bring myself to go back to them. Played maybe 2 hours of Unity and none of Syndicate. Just got so bored of that formula.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I adored Mass Effect but I've played it so much I don't think I would play a remaster tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Kirby wrote: »
    I adored Mass Effect but I've played it so much I don't think I would play a remaster tbh.

The opposite is why I'd be excited about it. I played 2 and 3 fairly recently, but I only played the original when it first came out. I'd love to give it another bash if it were modernised and... hopefully streamlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I bought the trilogy awhile ago on PC,using a few graphical tweeks i think its held up reasonably well. Must go back to it at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Didnt like 1 or 2 but struggled tru them, absolute struggle to finish 3. I gave up a while ago, got to the point I had to have a war or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I've only played 1 cause it was BC, I'd love to do 2 &3 and would gladly get it if all dlc was included and I was able to transfer my save over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I genuinely don't understand when someone says we need remasters because there is nothing to buy anyway.

I'm happy with remasters, most of the time it's another studio that does the port so doesn't affect the main studio.

And on nothing to buy, this year has been crazy packed with huge games and indie games that seem to be coming out on a weekly basis. Honestly shocked if you can't find a good few new games that interest you.

tok9 wrote: »
    I genuinely don't understand when someone says we need remasters because there is nothing to buy anyway.

I'm happy with remasters, most of the time it's another studio that does the port so doesn't affect the main studio.

And on nothing to buy, this year has been crazy packed with huge games and indie games that seem to be coming out on a weekly basis. Honestly shocked if you can't find a good few new games that interest you.

I wasn't suggesting that for a second assuming you're referring to my post :confused:

What I was getting at was for me at least on Xbox there has been a noticeable dip in the volume of releases vs last gen. Sure there are loads of indie games and I play nearly anything remotely interesting to me sometimes to a fault :D

But with indies I find some of them to be like a snack instead of a main course a lot of the time in terms of content. There is nothing wrong with that at all it's quality that matters but sometimes I like something to keep me engaged for longer and in the past there used to be more what I'd call "BBB" games coming out between major releases, you'd see and think sure I'll give it a look but the way the industry has gone in terms of costs and studio closures over the last number of years I think thats starting to show now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There has been a massive drop in new releases this gen, well big studio releases indie is still going very strong. From the big studios there's been far less released than at around the same time in the previous gens I can remember. Games are getting more expensive and longer to make and this looks like a side effect of it. It's 3 years since the consoles were released so we should be in the golden era of releases by now. Still I don't think anyone could have a lack of games to play on their system.

My concern would be the lack of decent exclusives compared to PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There has been a massive drop in new releases this gen, well big studio releases indie is still going very strong. From the big studios there's been far less released than at around the same time in the previous gens I can remember. Games are getting more expensive and longer to make and this looks like a side effect of it. It's 3 years since the consoles were released so we should be in the golden era of releases by now. Still I don't think anyone could have a lack of games to play on their system.

My concern would be the lack of decent exclusives compared to PC.

I don't see many exclusives anywhere tbh. Even Nintendo are starting to churn out crap like Star Fox Zero & the embarrassing Federation Farce. Happy 30th anniversary Metroid here is a game everyone hates.
    Find it crazy they are asking people to buy VR headsets or .5 models when they are remaking everything I played 6 years ago or sequels, even ones to dissapointing games. Not buying console power as the reason they can't make something new.

• Advertisement

Below has been delayed indefinitely http://www.capybaragames.com/2016/08/a-short-announcement-about-below/

Shame, I was looking forward to this and it's been in development for an age now but the lack of any news about it in recent times makes this unsurprising. Better delayed for extra polish than released broken I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement