Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I know we can take them or leave them but the way this gen on consoles has gone thus far theres little else to buy. I think Deus Ex next week will be full priced game number 6 for me this year. I know there is always a lull in summer but taking the year as a whole up to now 6 retail games for me is unheard of.

Is 6 high or low? Im confused? I would have considered 6 being fairly high but by the tone of your post Im assuming its low for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Below has been delayed indefinitely http://www.capybaragames.com/2016/08/a-short-announcement-about-below/

Shame, I was looking forward to this and it's been in development for an age now but the lack of any news about it in recent times makes this unsurprising. Better delayed for extra polish than released broken I guess.

I honestly got this mixed up with the capcom dark souls copycat that was announced 2 years ago.

Shame this looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I honestly got this mixed up with the capcom dark souls copycat that was announced 2 years ago.

Shame this looks better.

Deep Down is still in development, Capcom have teamed up with Japan Studio for it.

joe123 wrote: »
    Is 6 high or low? Im confused? I would have considered 6 being fairly high but by the tone of your post Im assuming its low for you?

Low for me indeed, for a long time during the 360 days I'd play 2/3 retail games a month on average and what ever digital titles took my fancy, thats been pretty much been turned on it's head now with me playing small indie digital titles alot more. Last retail game I got this year was either Doom or Dark Souls 3 I think.

just checking my stats today I've played 493 games over Xbox 360 and One in 10 years thats both digital and retail, so obviously I've played through some awful skutter at times :D I think most people here know I like achievements too so it's not like I half played those games either :o

Thats likely well above average maybe , but I'd have 4 or 5 posters from here on my friends list with a similar number

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Thats likely well above average maybe , but I'd have 4 or 5 posters from here on my friends list with a similar number

There's no maybe about it. :eek:

• Advertisement

There's no maybe about it. :eek:

Seems a lot but.......

Works out at nearly a game a week I guess ,I'm not one for the pub or watching TV live so if I do my sums over 10 years what do I spend vs a gamer drinker, smoker, time spent posting on boards and sky subscriber who's time spent watching ad's on a paid TV serivce = my game time per week these days with a little one ;)

EDIT: Jesus that sounds like I was aiming that at you that Max , which I'm sure you didn't take it to mean but just in case :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Seems a lot but.......

Works out at nearly a game a week I guess ,I'm not one for the pub or watching TV live so if I do my sums over 10 years what do I spend vs a gamer drinker, smoker, time spent posting on boards and sky subscriber who's time spent watching ad's on a paid TV serivce = my game time per week these days with a little one ;)

EDIT: Jesus that sounds like I was aiming that at you that Max , which I'm sure you didn't take it to mean but just in case :o

I find it hard to watch 'passive' media like tv shows and films now. even if I'm watching a boxset or something I find it hard to fully engage and leave the phone out of my hand.

I don't spend too much time in front of a screen outside of work really though, most nights I'll play an hour of xbox and watch an episode of something then its off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Seems a lot but.......

Hah, no I didn't take anything untoward from it! And likewise I didn't mean to suggest there was any negative implications to how many games you've played over a decade, just that I would definitely consider it 'above average'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

On the off chance some of you fine folk had the Castle of Illusion remake on your Wishlists, it's evidently being retired on September 2nd, most likely due to an expired licence on SEGA's end and Disney wanting control of their Mouse again.

To mark the occasion it's currently available with a heavy discount on the Humble Store if you wanted to grab it before it (possibly) disappears for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Went to have a look if anything came of all the Sag-aftra (voice actor union) negotiations, latest news (may/june) was that they're been collecting information from actors on vocal injury and stain since february and had presented it to the relevant californian body in charge of safe workplaces. February would have been the last time I looked and at the time there was tweets from VAs saying a strike might happen, obviously it didn't and they don't seem to have gotten anything.

Their original negotiations failed, which was followed by their twitter push (#performancematters) and vote from members for the possibility of striking last autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Konami Has No Plans To Finish MGSV The Phantom Pain's Mission 51

You know, it's sad but I'd happily buy a DLC or whatever that would actually finish up the story, but no, Konami has to be Konami.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nice one, was thinking there wouldn't be a segment in "Fuck Konami News" this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

gizmo wrote: »
    On the off chance some of you fine folk had the Castle of Illusion remake on your Wishlists, it's evidently being retired on September 2nd, most likely due to an expired licence on SEGA's end and Disney wanting control of their Mouse again.

To mark the occasion it's currently available with a heavy discount on the Humble Store if you wanted to grab it before it (possibly) disappears for awhile.

If bought now & tied to a Steam account, does it have to be installed right away or will it be indefinitely installable once tied to the account?

Myrddin wrote: »
    If bought now & tied to a Steam account, does it have to be installed right away or will it be indefinitely installable once tied to the account?
    Indefinitely installable once tied to an account*.

*While the terms of service for Steam do state that games can be removed from users account at their discretion, as far as I'm aware no game which has been pulled from sale on the store for this kind of reason has been subsequently removed from previous purchasers accounts.

gizmo wrote: »
    Indefinitely installable once tied to an account.

While the terms of service for Steam does state that games can be removed from ones account at their discretion, as far as I'm aware no game which has been pulled from sale on the store has been subsequently removed from previous purchasers accounts.

Not sure that last part is true, I think there were a few games who were due to copyright issues (not losing it but never having it) where some assets or code were used without permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Perfect, cheers for that :)

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure that last part is true, I think there were a few games who were due to copyright issues (not losing it but never having it) where some assets or code were used without permission.
    Not really the kind of instances I was referring to. These are just games where the licence, which was legitimately acquired, has expired for a previously held property.

There are other exceptions in the context of games being removed from libraries of course. Order of War: Challenge, a standalone online-only entry in the series, was removed at the publishers request back in 2013 for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

gizmo wrote:
    *While the terms of service for Steam do state that games can be removed from users account at their discretion, as far as I'm aware no game which has been pulled from sale on the store for this kind of reason has been subsequently removed from previous purchasers accounts.

There was a stargate game removed a good few years ago due to the licence being pulled/lost

dunworth1 wrote: »
    There was a stargate game removed a good few years ago due to the licence being pulled/lost
    Stargate: Resistance? Yup, that was another online-only game like Order of War but one which also lost it's licence to be sold on the platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

gizmo wrote:
    Stargate: Resistance? Yup, that was another online-only game like Order of War but one which also lost it's licence to be sold on the platform.

That's the one I remember it well because I bought it and my laptop wouldn't run it. So i forgot about it for ages then I got a decent pc and it just so happened to be the day before the game was pulled.

I truly enjoyed those few hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not exactly big or unexpected news but Lindsey Lohan's case against Rockstar thrown out as GTA is considered satire

http://www.gamesradar.com/new-yorks-courts-throw-out-the-gta-5-lindsay-lohan-case-its-satire/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=grtw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Doesn't even look like Lindsay Lohan?

Why can't the little hoor be happy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Doesn't even look like Lindsay Lohan?

Why can't the little hoor be happy anyway.

I mean, if you see a character in a video game get drunk, do drugs, have anal sex in a public place and essentially be known as a celebrity whore and your first thought is "Hey, that's me!", you should probably think about your life choices both past and future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Penn wrote: »
    I mean, if you see a character in a video game get drunk, do drugs, have anal sex in a public place and essentially be known as a celebrity whore and your first thought is "Hey, that's me!", you should probably think about your life choices both past and future.

LOL.

I still would though.

Can't remember who it was but heard that a writer used to base characters on real people but add that they had a tiny dick, no one wants to say "ye that character is based on me" at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Interview with Brad Wardell shows he's pleased that gamers are pushing back at the people who give them a hard time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Interview with Brad Wardell shows he's pleased that gamers are pushing back at the people who give them a hard time.

francella_meme___oh_god_just_kill_me_right_now_by_foreverzerodragon-d56mytj.jpg

Sony not allowing mod support in Fallout or Skyrim

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199

Wonder what the reason was :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Think most people have moved on from this now.
    A lonely fire you appear to tend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Sony not allowing mod support in Fallout or Skyrim

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199

Wonder what the reason was :confused:

Id love to know why it sounds like Sony just pulled the plug,from the Bethesda statement it does not sound like a technical issue,just that Sony got cold feet! They will probably come out with some absolute BS reason.

Mod Support is a big enough reason to buy one console over another imo,so if Sony maintain this stance ill be looking to see what consoles do support mods when buying my next console. Was actually considering Skyrim remastered on PS4 for mods,wont be now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement