Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

To me it looks like the MRA's have realised that they need something new to bitch about now that Clinton is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Evolve Free to Play (Evolve Stage 2) is not coming to consoles since the devs are no longer involved in supporting it

https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/our-final-message-to-our-evolve-community/106117/9

Evolve Free to Play (Evolve Stage 2) is not coming to consoles since the devs are no longer involved in supporting it

https://talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/our-final-message-to-our-evolve-community/106117/9

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Telltale are making a Guardians of the Galaxy game next. Hopefully it will come with an engine upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Kiith wrote: »
    Telltale are making a Guardians of the Galaxy game next. Hopefully it will come with an engine upgrade.

11bvm0.jpg

Some chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

new Ubisoft game trailer leaked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Skerries wrote: »
    new Ubisoft game trailer leaked

Wasn't that the trailer you hack from Ubisoft in Watch Dogs 2?

New Remedy game being announced soon

https://twitter.com/remedygames/status/799280988421505024

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Max Payne doesnt age!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ubisoft putting out a quality assassin's creed remaster:

ezio_climb.gif

AC2_Graphics.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's not a remaster though, is it? More of a spit-and-shine, that has smudged everything apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The Little Acre is now available for pre-order on PS4, Xbox One and PC. I believe the game is out on the 13th of December. This is a great looking point and click game by Irish developers so worth checking it out!

P.S. No, I am not affiliated with the game or developers.

Benzino wrote: »
    The Little Acre is now available for pre-order on PS4, Xbox One and PC. I believe the game is out on the 13th of December. This is a great looking point and click game by Irish developers so worth checking it out!

Looking forward to this, I believe Charles Cecil was involved in some way too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Benzino wrote: »

Its has a discount two. 11 euros. Ill probably grab it, add it to the list of games I should play but never have time for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ubisoft putting out a quality assassin's creed remaster:

ezio_climb.gif

eS8VNiK.jpg

Ah haven't seen a Horatio meme in an age :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Very little to be gleamed from this, but Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy is officially happening. First of the five part series out in 2017.

🤪

Telltale have jumped the shark

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Telltale have made games featuring an anthropomorphic rabbit & dog, a time travelling car from Belfast, dragons, zombies, werewolves, sentient robots, modern day dinosaurs... how exactly is this "jumping the shark"?

• Advertisement

James74 wrote: »
    Telltale have made games featuring an anthropomorphic rabbit & dog, a time travelling car from Belfast, dragons, zombies, werewolves, sentient robots, modern day dinosaurs... how exactly is this "jumping the shark"?

Well, I felt like they did when they announced Minecraft, but then, ya see, I like Batman (have yet to play it) so I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

James74 wrote: »

Because planets don't listen to walkmans, they use iPods. Obvs…

Seriously, what's the plural of Walkman…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Because planets don't listen to walkmans, they use iPods. Obvs…

Seriously, what's the plural of Walkman…

I think it's one of those Singular plurals, like sheep.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This is pretty welcome news: Annapurna Pictures are entering the game publishing sphere. They've become well established for fostering and funding more unusual film projects (and, em, Sausage Party?) and supporting some of the most interesting American filmmakers. So would be great to have that sort of attitude and approach in a publisher, and their first two choices of game are cause for optimism!

https://killscreen.com/articles/gorogoa-remains-edith-finch-confirmed-spring-2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure why people bother with the fan made games either new and created with established IP or done as reboot, they inevitably get the cease and desist and then act irreverent about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Varik wrote: »
    Not sure why people bother with the fan made games either new and created with established IP or done as reboot, they inevitably get the cease and desist and then act irreverent about the whole thing.

Doom 1995 is shareware, engine open source since 1999 and there's many fan made games and stand-alone mods based off it that have never been given legal hassle. The series has remained relevant from unwavering support and creativity of its fans. DoomRL has been public on its official site since 2008, before zenimax had anything to do with the IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Doom 1995 is shareware, engine open source since 1999 and there's many fan made games and stand-alone mods based off it that have never been given legal hassle. The series has remained relevant from unwavering support and creativity of its fans. DoomRL has been public on its official site since 2008, before zenimax had anything to do with the IP.
    The problem in this case seems to be that the DoomRL developer used the game to push his Kickstarter for Jupiter Hell, even going so far as to call it the "DoomRL Spiritual Successor" on his site, complete with Doom logos. Once there was a link to a paid product it was only a matter of time until the lawyers were called in unfortunately.

It's also important to note that DoomRL isn't based on the Doom engine, it's fully standalone so wouldn't come under the same category as source ports or mods, such as Brutal Doom64, which Zenimax have no issue with it, even going so far as to throw their support behind its nomination for Best Fan Creation at the Game Awards during the week.

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/803959351312531456

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well done, China. About time someone started regulating this stuff...
    China has just passed regulations on online games, in which there are specific parts on games with loot boxes.

The regulation (in Chinese) http://www.mcprc.gov.cn/whzx/bnsjdt/...05_464422.html

Translation regarding loot boxes:

2.6 ...Online game publishers shall promptly publicly announce information about the name, property, content, quantity, and draw/forge probability of all virtual items and services that can be drawn/forge on the official website or a dedicated draw probability webpage of the game. The information on draw probability shall be true and effective.

2.7 Online game publishers shall publicly announce the random draw results by customers on notable places of official website or in game, and keep record for government inquiry. The record must be kept for more than 90 days. When publishing the random draw results, some measures should be taken place to protect user privacy.
    The regulation will be effective on May 1st, 2017.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323027

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Great bunch of lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement