Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nier: Automata is launching on the PC on 17th March, 1 week after the PS4.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/nier-automata-pc-officially-launches-march-17

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

dunworth1 wrote: »
    don't be knocking Bomberman

I'd be all over Bomberman if it was on the Xbox One, my wife wouldn't see me for a week. Not sure I'd pay full price for it though, that's insane. Well, that Konami really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Nier: Automata is launching on the PC on 17th March, 1 week after the PS4.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/nier-automata-pc-officially-launches-march-17

Fairly high specs for recommended, but then again it NEEDS to run at 60fps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

€50 for Bomberman... Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fire Pro Wrestling is returning after nearly 6 years, it will be on the PS4 and PC with Steam early access coming during the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Syrian warfare was on my Steam wishlist and it's been delisted

I wonder if it will be returned to Steam. It's only been on sale for a couple of weeks but it's disappeared completely from the store.

Supposedly a user who disagreed with the content of the game has used a nonsense DMCA to get the game removed. The devs have said they received a copyright infringement claim which Steam has promised to investigate within 10 working days. That's going to kill their launch sales.

There's plenty of games out there with content some may find objectionable, this seems very harsh if true.

Reddit thread with all relevant links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Syrian warfare was on my Steam wishlist and it's been delisted

I wonder if it will be returned to Steam. It's only been on sale for a couple of weeks but it's disappeared completely from the store.

Supposedly a user who disagreed with the content of the game has used a nonsense DMCA to get the game removed. The devs have said they received a copyright infringement claim which Steam has promised to investigate within 10 working days. That's going to kill their launch sales.

There's plenty of games out there with content some may find objectionable, this seems very harsh if true.

Reddit thread with all relevant links

Are people really surprised that some might find a game about an ongoing conflict offensive and that it might not be in the best taste to release it when people in the area are still being killed on a daily basis because the war?

You should watch 'The White Helmets' to get an idea what it's like for the people on the ground to be living in those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Are people really surprised that some might find a game about an ongoing conflict offensive
    If some people find it offensive they don't have to play it but they shouldn't get to dictate what other people get to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Evade wrote: »
    If some people find it offensive they don't have to play it but they shouldn't get to dictate what other people get to play.

Fair enough, each to their own and all that - if people want to buy it, they should be allowed to. The game seems seriously tacky given the present climate in the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The source of the DMCA request seems highly suspect but on the other hand, given the developers prior relationship with the publisher and the assumption that no contact from them equates to them not having a problem with its release, it could be just a knee-jerk reaction from their legal department.

Hopefully it's restored to Steam anyway and fingers crossed its quality is deserving of the support it'll probably get upon return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Fair enough, each to their own and all that - if people want to buy it, they should be allowed to. The game seems seriously tacky given the present climate in the region.

the main vibe I get from a lot of those games is 'we couldn't make a very good game on its own merits, so we've stirred up some controversy to try and drive sales'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

the main vibe I get from a lot of those games is 'we couldn't make a very good game on its own merits, so we've stirred up some controversy to try and drive sales'
    Conversely moral crusaders should stop taking the bait and Streisand effecting games into popularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Evade wrote: »
    Conversely moral crusaders should stop taking the bait and Streisand effecting games into popularity.

Bravo for making me google that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

€50 for Bomberman... Jaysus.

Sold my NES version for €75 and I was told I was robbed ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Are people really surprised that some might find a game about an ongoing conflict offensive and that it might not be in the best taste to release it when people in the area are still being killed on a daily basis because the war?

No, not really. Being offended is entirely subjective so it's hardly surprising that people dislike this game. If you find it tacky that's your choice, nobody is being forced to play it, buy it or watch it. My concern is that this appears to be an abuse of process by one person and Steam will not look into it for 2 weeks. The Southfront article below mentions one person in the Czech republic with a generic email address. To me it seems unfair that these devs are being hit so soon after launching the game.

The admin of the Cats Who Play forums has said that they expect a verdict from Steam by next Wednesday (15th). If the complaint is found to be without merit and/or a nuisance complaint there will likely be no consequences.

http://catswhoplay.com/new/index.php/en/forum/syrian-warfare/130-game-not-on-steam-anymore

https://southfront.org/steam-store-removes-syrian-warfare-game-because-its-too-pro-russian/

I had the game on my wishlist because I like RTS games, the reviews were extremely positive and the youtube videos of it looked promising, to me it isn't a political statement and I couldn't care less who is offended by it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have to lean with "its a video game, its not real if you dont like it dont buy it".

The Zoltan chap comes across as a complete dick.

I have no interest in buying this game but see no reason someone cant make a game based on a war or a pretend war, its a video game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm not sure if I'm reading that story right, but have Cats Who Play admitted to taking assets from the GFi game? They say they tried to get in contact to buy assets, but I'm not sure if they actually took them when they didn't get a reply. This seems to be the basis of the removal from Steam, not a conspiracy about hating Russian "propaganda" (though, that may still be the case).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

humanji wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm reading that story right, but have Cats Who Play admitted to taking assets from the GFi game? They say they tried to get in contact to buy assets, but I'm not sure if they actually took them when they didn't get a reply. This seems to be the basis of the removal from Steam, not a conspiracy about hating Russian "propaganda" (though, that may still be the case).

Really getting pissed off from the blatant ignorance from smaller devs over things like this, and from every single fan remake or fully indie game using an established IP.

It's up there with mirroring videos on Youtube and messing with the audio speed, only thing it might do is stop bots detecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Peter Moore departing EA and heading for....Liverpool FC. Will be interesting to see the reshuffle at EA.
    There goes PES' official club licensing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

First Quake Champions character revealed. She's got a wall jump and can phase shift (even telefragging characters she phases back into, it seems)

There's a closed beta coming soon, and it looks like the trailers are going to be coming thick and fast.

And here's the full E3 trailer as a reminder:

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

How does aim at anything with a fringe like that.

*Sees trailer from Devolver Digital; well, definitely watching that. Yep, will probably buy it...and avoid the internet and the inevitable Harambe memes.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Not sure if it counts as news, but a number of Irish made games on various platforms are going on sale for St. Patricks Day. You can see the list on the Imirt.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

**** yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This is an incredible trailer. No idea what you actually do in the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Benzino wrote: »

Wow. As you say, Incredible.

Real, existential, perceptional, who am "I"?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Everything is a game by Irish born developer David O' Reilly, who produced Mountain.
    And I thought Mountain was weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The rolling animals look a little absurd.

• Advertisement

Do you want Archer in Rock Band? Because that's how you get Archer in Rock Band!

🤪

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement