Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

2D beat-em-up strategy game Aztez is being released on August 1. PC Gamer did a short piece on it, saying that they initially tried it in 2013 and then it just disappeared. I like the aesthetic of it and I'm intrigued by the empire building element alongside the 2D brawler. Plus, they say that playthroughs will differ based on random events, etc. which is always interesting.

PC Gamer News Post

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    2D beat-em-up strategy game Aztez is being released on August 1. PC Gamer did a short piece on it, saying that they initially tried it in 2013 and then it just disappeared. I like the aesthetic of it and I'm intrigued by the empire building element alongside the 2D brawler. Plus, they say that playthroughs will differ based on random events, etc. which is always interesting.

<videos>

PC Gamer News Post
    Woop! I've been ****ting on about this since 2012 or something. The devs have been keeping a fairly sporadic devblog going over the years but they were mainly concentrating on the combat element of it. It took them years to announce that they were building a turn-based strategy game on top of it but it looks like the protracted development time has paid off so far. In any case, I'm going to be all over this on launch day for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Nice one. Added to the wishlist!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Sports Direct just bought 25% of the shares of Game. If two companies were ever meant for each other, it's these two. Hateful, soulless, monstrosities, the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I didnt know Game still existed tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

They pulled out of Ireland awhile back, right?

They're fairly ubiquitous on the UK high street though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

gizmo wrote: »
    They pulled out of Ireland awhile back, right?

They're fairly ubiquitous on the UK high street though.

i still miss them used to go into the Limerick store all the the staff we great and very helpful

some of the staff now work in gamestop but oddly enough they aren't as helpful/friendly i put that down to GS policies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i still miss them used to go into the Limerick store all the the staff we great and very helpful

some of the staff now work in gamestop but oddly enough they aren't as helpful/friendly i put that down to GS policies

Id say gamestop is a fairly soul destroying place to work alright, specially if you're actually interested in games.

I'd never be able to hold my tongue - id constantly be pointing people to where there are better deals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I thought Game were ok when they were here. They did leave their staff in a very bad spot when they pulled out though. A lot of them staged sit ins in the stores iirc,the definitely did in the one in blanchardstown in dublin anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'd put it down to spend several years working in a games shop - it's hardly a haven for career progression.

• Advertisement

Id say gamestop is a fairly soul destroying place to work alright, specially if you're actually interested in games.

I'd never be able to hold my tongue - id constantly be pointing people to where there are better deals

How they can ask someone several times if they want game protection is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Game had similar horrible policies. As employees you had sales targets to meet everyday. Get a certain amount of preorders, a percentage of your sales had to be preowned, you had to sell a certain amount of consoles (and then another amount had to come with this terrible insurance policy). I used to hate the targets because they encouraged the sales assistant to recommend items to customers that they didn't want or need. Some employees bought into them, and it led to assistants lying to customers to improve their figures.

The shower of cnuts then left all of their Irish employees without a period of notice or redundancy, even though they were still operating in the UK. Bad karma to anyone who gives them money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I worked in gamestop for a bit. Soul destroying . Constantly asking people about game protection. Selling over priced preowed tat.

Thankfully it was a short part of my working life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Doge

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This generation of home consoles has been severely missing some bonkers stuff from Japan.

Step forward Granzella, formed from former Irem employees that made the Disaster Report games and Steambot Chronicles.

City Shrouded in Shadow looks very like a Disaster Report game but this time the disasters are caused by various monsters and heros from across Japanese media. There's definitely Godzilla, gamera and ultraman but also what looks like Patlabor and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Also Monster Hunter looks to be hinted at as well. Hopefully all these licenses don't stop it getting a us release or we at least get an English language Asian release.

We need more of this.

Retr0gamer - the hipster video game hyper! :p

Not everyone's cup of tea, but Telltale announces new Batman, new Walking Dead, and new Wolf Among Us

I must actually get around to finishing TWD (so I skipped through segment) and even starting Batman!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Not everyone's cup of tea, but Telltale announces new Batman, new Walking Dead, and new Wolf Among Us

I must actually get around to finishing TWD (so I skipped through segment) and even starting Batman!

Deadly! Is this free for someone who has the game?

Never played a telltale game other than batman

Deadly! Is this free for someone who has the game?

Never played a telltale game other than batman

not a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

not a chance

Suppose it's called "season pass" and not seasons after all...

Kickmen is being released on Steam later today: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/07/18/behold-the-kickmen-release-date/

Dan Marshall, the creator of The Swindle, thinks that soccer is silly and decided to make a game about a sport that he knows nothing about. The end result looks ridiculous :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Is that not an accurate representation of football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The launch trailer is gas, the stuff the fans shout is like Moss in the IT Crowd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

not so sensible soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Price of PlayStation Plus is increasing; got an e-mail about it this morning.
    PlayStation®Plus prices are changing
    From 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017 we are changing the prices of PlayStation®Plus.

- Annually, the price will change from €49.99 to €59.99 per annum.
    - Quarterly, the price will change from €19.99 to €24.99 per quarter.
    - Monthly, the price will change from €6.99 to €7.99 per month.

What this means for you

We will alter the price of a PlayStation®Plus membership at 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017. As you are an existing member, this means that all recurring subscription fees payable by you on or after 31 August 2017 will be charged at the new price. Up until 31 August 2017, you may purchase a PlayStation®Plus subscription at the current price, which will then be added (or “stacked on”) to your current membership period.

If you don’t want to continue with PlayStation®Plus

If you want to prevent your PlayStation®Plus membership continuing at the new price, you will need to cancel it – turn OFF “auto-renew” in your account settings at least 48 hours before your next payment on or after 31 August 2017 is due. There’s some guidance on how to cancel your membership on PlayStation.com.

Definitely need to keep an eye out for sales and bargains when renewing in the future! Good thing subscriptions stack!

🤪

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,281 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can you not just buy it from amazon, cdkeys etc for less than that anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Mickeroo wrote: »

If I buy through cd keys does it matter if it says uk on the ps+ renewal or credit from Austria. Will they work here

Price of PlayStation Plus is increasing; got an e-mail about it this morning.

Definitely need to keep an eye out for sales and bargains when renewing in the future! Good thing subscriptions stack!
    Robbing bastards
    CptMackey wrote: »
    If I buy through cd keys does it matter if it says uk on the ps+ renewal or credit from Austria. Will they work here

No, they wont

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Robbing bastards

100% agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »

You need an Irish Sub for PlayStation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

doubly annoying because the quality of games has absolutely cratered since they made you need plus for online

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement