Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

Sieghardt wrote: »
    doubly annoying because the quality of games has absolutely cratered since they made you need plus for online

Totally agree, Sony have been offering up crap like Killing Floor 2,
    Life is Strange, Tales from the Borderlands and now for August they found some indie piece of crap called Just Cause 3. Disgraceful that they aren't even trying anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Life is Strange, Tales from the Borderlands and now for August they found some indie piece of crap called Just Cause 3. Disgraceful that they aren't even trying anymore.

It does seem to be a bit of a coincidence that PSN Plus has the best monthly giveaway of games its had in years right when there is a 20% price hike.

I'd say next month PSN plus games will be back to the usual form. They are probably just trying to make it through the price increase.

It does seem to be a bit of a coincidence that PSN Plus has the best monthly giveaway of games its had in years right when there is a 20% price hike.

I'd say next month PSN plus games will be back to the usual form. They are probably just trying to make it through the price increase.

Give over will you, your constant posting about the evils of Sony and how amazing MS are is getting old. I find the PS+ offerings to be great, their emphasis on indie titles was great. Notice that the usual people aren't in the PS+ thread the last few months boasting about how great games with gold is, I have all the consoles and find that my Xbox is little more than a Shudder and Netflix streamer at this stage. It's a poor console with a bad UI and a woeful line up of exclusive titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Give over will you, your constant posting about the evils of Sony and how amazing MS are is getting old. I find the PS+ offerings to be great, their emphasis on indie titles was great. Notice that the usual people aren't in the PS+ thread the last few months boasting about how great games with gold is, I have all the consoles and find that my Xbox is little more than a Shudder and Netflix streamer at this stage. It's a poor console with a bad UI and a woeful line up of exclusive titles.

:rolleyes:

dunworth1 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Just stating facts, I would love if my One was something more than a streaming device. I really want it to succeed, I want to rush home after work to play on my One but there's nothing on it. Most of my friends moved over to PS4 over the past year because of how little there is on the One.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Both consoles go through patches of really good games and some absolute tripe.

On Live I've gotten Tomb Raider, Lords of The Fallen, Sunset Overdrive and Ryse. Theres also been an awful lot of Lego games the last while which is great if you've kids around (or are a big child yourself :pac:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No doubt the psn games have been very lacklustre lately but when psn started they had a massive back catalogue of ps3 games to choose from. The PS4 hasn't been around as long and (sorry but it's how I feel) the library on PS4 has also been severely lacking in comparison. There's just not a lot to choose from. Down the line I expect stuff like bloodborne and uncharted to show up but they are just too new.

Still think it's a rip off. You pay for a UI that advertises to you and get free games you already probably bought years ago or had no intention of buying (and you don't own them). Then there's the fact that most games are still running PVP and Sony doesn't provide that many servers, at least not as much as many others on PC provide for free. Still Sony snuck it in while everyone was shouting about how badly Microsoft F-ed up the One and became the status quo, so much so even Nintendo are getting in on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Because I really need multiple Telltale games games that are exactly the same a month apart

Sieghardt wrote: »
    Because I really need multiple Telltale games games that are exactly the same a month apart

It's awful that the only games you get are Telltale Games titles and nothing else.

• Advertisement

If I'm not mistaken, a PlayStation subscription now costs the same as an Xbox subscription...?

I'm neither a Pony nor an Xbot (I own both), but that is fcuking ridiculous. PSN is nowhere near the level XBL is at (speed, reliability and security). I can't even change my PSN ID for Christ's sake.

*cancels PS+ subscription*

If I'm not mistaken, a PlayStation subscription now costs the same as an Xbox subscription...?

I'm neither a Pony nor an Xbot (I own both), but that is fcuking ridiculous. PSN is nowhere near the level XBL is at (speed, reliability and security). I can't even change my PSN ID for Christ's sake.

*cancels PS+ subscription*

I haven't paid over €35 for Live in the last 5 years.

Because Xbox don't region locked there subscriptions you can pick up a year on CD Keys fairly cheap. Although I got my last two years from Game and Amazon when they ran deals.

If it wasn't for me buying a PS4 in march I'd have sfa to play now. I'd likely be saying exactly the same the other way around and giving out that I already played the free games on either service :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Both consoles go through patches of really good games and some absolute tripe.

On Live I've gotten Tomb Raider, Lords of The Fallen, Sunset Overdrive and Ryse. Theres also been an awful lot of Lego games the last while which is great if you've kids around (or are a big child yourself :pac:)
    I wouldn't mind getting a few of the Lego games to be honest, I really enjoyed playing the Star Wars and Harry Potter ones from a few years ago.

Angron wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind getting a few of the Lego games to be honest, I really enjoyed playing the Star Wars and Harry Potter ones from a few years ago.

I think they've given away all the Lego Star Wars ones at this stage. May have a look at the others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm on PS4 I'm afraid, so I'll have to wait and hope they pop up in free games somewhere down the line :pac:

That's that whole Alex Mauer thing, isn't it. Talk about career suicide... nobody will want to work with her in the future.

(Aside: post #300 for me, in 13 years. That's like, 24 posts per year. :o )

• So looks like Vita is permahacked via custom firmware as opposed to online / offline installer
    Might actually get some use out of it now considering it's pretty much abandoned by Sony

http://www.psu.com/news/33623/ps-vita-jailbreak-lets-you-hack-sony-handheld-permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Inviere

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So looks like Vita is permahacked via custom firmware as opposed to online / offline installer
    Might actually get some use out of it now considering it's pretty much abandoned by Sony

http://www.psu.com/news/33623/ps-vita-jailbreak-lets-you-hack-sony-handheld-permanently

Firmware 3.60 only, & there's no known way to downgrade....luckily both my Vita & Vita TV are 3.60!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So looks like Vita is permahacked via custom firmware as opposed to online / offline installer

I won't be doing that to my OLED Vita as it is, too many good proprietary titles on that. However, I wouldn't mind bagging a funky coloured slim model and doing the hacking to that one instead. It'd be a great little system to have for 5th gen titles and earlier.

Wouldn't say it'd be much use for 6th gen titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Rockstart being sued over the likeness of a character again, this time in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (a 15 year old game)

The owner of the American TV psychic persona Miss Cleo has apparently filed suit against Rockstar for the use of her image and Jamaican accent for Auntie Poulet.

Miss Cleo
    jpg

Auntie Poulet

Surely she'd have known her likeness was going to be used long ago......and also that this case will be thrown out!

Eurogamer article

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Rockstart being sued over the likeness of a character again, this time in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (a 15 year old game)

The owner of the American TV psychic persona Miss Cleo has apparently filed suit against Rockstar for the use of her image and Jamaican accent for Auntie Poulet.

[some images]

Surely she'd have known her likeness was going to be used long ago......and also that this case will be thrown out!

Eurogamer article

Jesus, she's a bit late copping on to that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

[some images]

Eurogamer article
    Nailz wrote: »
    Jesus, she's a bit late copping on to that :pac:

Wouldn't there be some Satute of Limitations impact here too?

Answering my question in the same post. It appears, from the link, that a Statute of Limitations in relation to a persons likeness can range from 1 to 6 years, from the time that the image could be discovered, as it where. Apparently, some states only recognise this law in relation to Famous People. I think Miss Cleo should see where this is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

How did she not see it coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

She also died last year. Litigation from beyond the grave is a new low for the USA. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭Evade

Plot twist, the woman who played Miss Cleo played the character in GTA.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Youree_Dell_Cleomili_Harris

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rez released on Steam today.

YES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Price of PlayStation Plus is increasing; got an e-mail about it this morning.

Definitely need to keep an eye out for sales and bargains when renewing in the future! Good thing subscriptions stack!
    I hate to be 'that guy' but cost of playing online on PC: €00.00

I will say PS4 has had some really good exclusives (Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last Guardian being three in the last year or so I would have loved to play) but having been out of playing games for years apart from my old room mates PS4 and then building a PC last year, I just can't see the benefits of a console personally. Though due to exclusives, I can see why PS4 would make sense over Xbox at least.

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote: »
    I hate to be 'that guy' but cost of playing online on PC: €00.00

I will say PS4 has had some really good exclusives (Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last Guardian being three in the last year or so I would have loved to play) but having been out of playing games for years apart from my old room mates PS4 and then building a PC last year, I just can't see the benefits of a console personally. Though due to exclusives, I can see why PS4 would make sense over Xbox at least.

They are just handy, nothing on the TV just flick on the console. Far less things to go wrong aswell (less fiddly to fix). They are also cheaper.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement