Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

lads its obviously not a direct fault of ps but the problem is it looks bad to the general public considering the security issues ps has had in the past.

No it doesn't.

It only looks "bad" to people with an agenda to try and make it fit their "Playstation is bad and not secure or safe" rhetoric

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As someone who doesn't really give a **** about either console, it doesn't look great anytime a company is linked with a hack of any kind, especially one who had a very public breach not that long ago. So no, its obviously something Sony won't be happy about.

However, it's their twitter account. It doesn't affect their service, and won't impact any users. So it's not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Inviere

Kiith wrote: »
    As someone who doesn't really give a **** about either console, it doesn't look great anytime a company is linked with a hack of any kind, especially one who had a very public breach not that long ago. So no, its obviously something Sony won't be happy about.

However, it's their twitter account. It doesn't affect their service, and won't impact any users. So it's not a big deal.

I'd agree with that. If the claims of the PSN DB being hacked are true though, that's far more concerning & potentially damaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

No it doesn't.

It only looks "bad" to people with an agenda to try and make it fit their "Playstation is bad and not secure or safe" rhetoric
    are you suggesting that I have an agenda? I have a pc ps4 xbox one s.... no agenda with me I'm commenting as a neutral none of that is your mickey as big as mine ****e here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I have the biggest mickey lads. The biggest ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

J Mysterio wrote: »

Oh I'm not sure about that, there are quite a few giant dicks round these parts :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

dudeeile wrote: »
    Oh I'm not sure about that, there are quite a few giant dicks round these parts :)

I will confirm that this is true, i am one of them :P

eh-eh-alright.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

J Mysterio wrote: »
    tenor.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't know about having the biggest dick but I'm not known as Big Balls McGinty for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I don't know about having the biggest dick but I'm not known as Big Balls McGinty for nothing.

I think that was due to the McGinty screws you used in your bird houses, and how you had the big balls to try and fool others into thinking they were genuine McGinty's :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The only good news is that OurMine are an ethical hacking group and according to their manifesto they give access back and point out the vulnerabilities and provide tips to secure these PSN oversights.

This should be really useful for Playstation since they struggle so much with their network security.

It would he fascinating to know how they breached PSN but we I am sure we won't get the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Attack on Titan 2 video game has been announced. Gameplay video of the first looked interesting, but haven't tracked it down yet...Wonder if this will get a wider release.

Spoilers if you haven't watched the latest season, as some of the scenes from the anime are reconstructed here.

From: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/08/21/attack-on-titan-2-announced-for-2018/

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It would he fascinating to know how they breached PSN but we I am sure we won't get the details.

Hacking the social media accounts is hardly the same as PSN being breached is it? Even the mighty Xbox Support Twitter Account got hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hacking the social media accounts is hardly the same as PSN being breached is it? Even the mighty Xbox Support Twitter Account got hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army a couple of years ago.

The hackers say they have hacked the PSN too, but there's no evidence for same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Age of Empires 2 and 3 are getting definitive editions, and they announced Age of Empires 4 as well, made by Relic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

AOE4? Oooh! Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Trailer here:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Great that AoE4 is being made, and even better that Relic are doing it, but that trailer is nonsense. Why release a trailer that shows nothing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm looking forward to that. I love Age of Empires, love Relic, hopefully it'll go well. I also really hope they leave the voice command stuff in so I can annoy friends with "Rogan" and "Wololo".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What will be the difference between the perviously released AoE2 HD and this Definitive edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

CatInABox wrote: »
    Great that AoE4 is being made, and even better that Relic are doing it, but that trailer is nonsense. Why release a trailer that shows nothing.
    Because you've got nothing else to show at the trade show. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What will be the difference between the perviously released AoE2 HD and this Definitive edition?

There was another expansion released since the HD one came out, probably has that included.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Announcement trailer for God's Trigger in which you play an Angel from Heaven or an escapee of hell, armed with blades, guns, and powers. A co-op top down fast and frenetic shooter where you're ultimately trying to take down the Four Horsemen.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anno going historical again; Anno 1800 announced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shadow Warrior is free on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you can now activate Steam games on the website

https://store.steampowered.com/account/registerkey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Skerries wrote: »
    you can now activate Steam games on the website

https://store.steampowered.com/account/registerkey

It's absolutely amazing how long it took for that to be a feature on the website!

Well wanted feature from me for sure :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It's absolutely amazing how long it took for that to be a feature on the website!

Well wanted feature from me for sure :)

I know. Even Sony have had that for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I know. Even Sony have had that for a while.

Yup. About 8 fookin years :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement