Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sign on my letterbox

Options
  • 11-01-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

no junk mail or free newspapers...........

means i dont want any kind of junk mail or waterford today newspaper,
    im pist off with these idiots sticking cloths collection stickers and other junk in my letterbox every flipping day,

just wait till i catch hold of whoever you are :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I like getting the Waterford Today....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

not sure about everywhere but up my way the Waterford Today is delivered by folks who'd have challenges so I'm always welcoming and happy to chat when they come around. I don't read the paper beyond the music pages but figure it's easier to chat with the delivery person than get stressed about the paper.

The collection stickers are another issue altogether. My letter box is on the inside of the gate so they will often walk up to the door, see no letterbox and just drop it on the ground. There have been a few times when I've called them back to pick up their litter amidst torrents of abuse being heaped upon their sorry heads :p

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I like getting the Waterford Today....

Totally agree with ya......it's great to have something to wrap the left over food up in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Put up a no junk mail sign in Polish lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

these guys actually start in the middle of the night came across a fella in my estate one morning while heading to work at 4.30am sticking them in letterboxes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

these guys actually start in the middle of the night came across a fella in my estate one morning while heading to work at 4.30am sticking them in letterboxes

Yep they are normally delivering around that time alright, I used to hear them around 6am but often at 5am

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

i know boy,
    i got up early one morning (around 5am ish) dieing for a slash and there was a blackman sticking a load of shyte in me letterbox,
    he frightent the living shyte outta me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

i know boy,
    i got up early one morning (around 5am ish) dieing for a slash and there was a blackman sticking a load of shyte in me letterbox,

I'd be very worried and pissed off if someone was sticking a load of shyte through my letterbox billy!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

i know boy,

The same thing happened me Billy.
    Was on the way down the stairs about 5 bells one dark morning. I thought that I was dreaming when I caught a glimpse of movement through the front door. All I could do was roar 'GOWAAAYBOI' like a bullock.
    I don't know who got the bigger fright him or me.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

TheGormog wrote: »
    Was on the way down the stairs about 5 bells one dark morning. I thought that I was dreaming when I caught a glimpse of movement through the front door. All I could do was roar 'GOWAAAYBOI' like a bullock.

:D

i should have done that or even set the dog on him,
    i will the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ocli64

To be fair very few people are going to consider what they are delivering to be junk...
    For this reason the stickers are pretty pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

TheGormog wrote: »
    or i,ll get me gallybander and flake a shellykabooky off ya

Advertisement