Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jogging Strollers

Options
  • 11-01-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Has anybody any experience of using a fixed wheel jogging stroller?

Have seen a few people in races, and they seemed quite at easy using them whilst push their off spring around?

Have looked on the web at the reviews but would like to have some feedback prior to making an investment.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

SharkTale wrote: »
    Has anybody any experience of using a fixed wheel jogging stroller?

Have seen a few people in races, and they seemed quite at easy using them whilst push their off spring around?

Have looked on the web at the reviews but would like to have some feedback prior to making an investment.

Thanks

Im going to get the Nipper sport. Wont be using it for races but its a good all rounder i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I used the Phil and Teds double buggy in a 5k race last year. I find being 6' I have to run to the side to avoid kicking the bottom of the buggy. Its not a problem when only one child is in it.

The other issue is you dont get to use your arms when running with a buggy so its a lot tougher. I had a few people in that 5k who thought it was easy street hanging onto the back of the buggy for a 'coast', changed their minds pretty quick after giving them 20m of a try out.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

I use a Phil & Ted vibe a lot. Find it no prob, usually 10-15sec a mile slower for same effort level without a buggy. I push it with one hand changing the hand about every 10 strides.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

T runner wrote: »
    Im going to get the Nipper sport. Wont be using it for races but its a good all rounder i believe.

Was also looking at the Nipper Sport or importing the Schwinn Jogging Stroller, have you got a good price on the Nipper Sport, best I could see was £269 & £25 pp to Ireland works out about €350, best price in Ireland was €399.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

We have both a phil & teds sport and and out 'n' about fixed wheel jogger. The Out 'n' about get far more use, even for everyday use.
    This is the one we have:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/active/6254196/Kitted-Out-the-latest-baby-joggers.html
    The large wheels are great, it is effortless to push and it is heaps lighter than the Phil & Teds.
    The main downside is if you take off the front wheel for storage it is a pain to get the buggy to track straight, I keep meaning to put a mark or some spacers or something in the wheel drop-out. I don't take the wheel off any more and it runs in a straight line.
    I'm 6' and have no problems with kicking the wheels or anything and the handle height is just right. The harness set up is okay but not very adjustable, only a few different positions. A minor niggle really given how good the overall package is.
    Our youngest sleeps in it on runs but the toddler just won't sit still in it, he is at the age where he would rather be walking.
    That is my only problem with jogging buggies, they have a fairly short shelf life.
    We have the double kit for the phil & ted's but there is no way I could run with it. even as a single buggy it tracks all over the place, the wheels are too small and I was constantly kicking the back of the buggy.

We picked ours up second hand last year on a maternity / baby site classifieds section for 150, the best bargain ever. The wife was not impressed initially but she came around within a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 annieq

I am looking for a second hand jogging buggy with at least 16' wheels. They are so expensive in Ireland and almost impossible to come by in Cork. I was hoping someone would have some idea where I could buy one. The weather is finally getting nice but my husband is getting busier with work so it would be great to get some of my easy runs done while my older kids r in school.

Advertisement