Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours

Options
  • 11-01-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

I'm absolutely appalled by the reason and subsequent condescending pm's by this mod
    he is a disgrace to mods and just gives them a bad name

Hi darokane,

You have been banned from After Hours for the following duration:

1 Day(s)

for the following reason:

Starting dumb threads. Please don't do it again

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 1 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie

Seeing as this is after hours we are talking about and so called "dumb threads" get posted frequently this reason is absolutely ridiculous

There were no warnings, IMO the mod is a power junkie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That would be this thread?
    darokane wrote:

Who is the boardsie with the longest penis?

Mine is just under 12 inches

In fairness, it is a dumb thread. It's been a dumb thread the several thousand times it's been posted before, and subsequently closed and / or deleted.

And I accept that it's AH, and that the standard of thread there is not usually especially cerebral (though occasionally it surprises me). Even so, there are limits, and it is the mods' job to try to maintain those limits and keep the place ticking over.

It's a one day ban from one forum on one site on the internet; it's the equivalent of saying "hey, take a little time out to read the charter and get a better sense of what's accepted around here."

And while a more placatory approach might have tempted me to be lenient and overturn, terms like disgrace and power junkie being bandied around suggest to me that a few hours to regain a sense of perspective may not be the worst idea in the world.

Upheld, therefore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

In fairness a warning would have sufficed which is why them terms were brought into it and wont be retracted
    thank you for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

1 day? It's a very mild offence, but a very mild punishment.

Upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement