Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof Rails for Car-Where to get and fit them

• 11-01-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get Roof Rails put on an Audi A3.Anybody know where i might get these in Limerick and somewhere that might fit them for me for a reasonable price?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Halfords?

I think there was someone online (Cork Area, I think) that met you onsite and fitted them, maybe it was roof boxes only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Rails or roof racks?
    Rails are part of the car and run longitudinally , racks attach to the roof rails or the car body and run across.
    I don't think you will be able to successfully retrofit rails to a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

Just looking for the rails not the box to be attached to them.

I thought they could be retro fitted?Just looking for them to improve the look of the car rather than any functionability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Roof Racks you are looking for so.

You can get them in Halfords but any motor factors(worth their salt) will sort you out as well.

Autozone in Eastway would be my choice to start. Dave will sort you out for them.

Advertisement