Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are no Irish networks selling the Galaxy Note?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Its black full stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

circos wrote: »
    Any got the ICS update yet without buying off Amazon.de?

Seems like only the German models have got it yet.

The anticipation is killing me!!

I think since updating, my phone is a tad more laggy, battery us not as good, and all in all the performance of certain apps is not as good. I will have to root now id say. Sorry I didn't stay on gb
    I found it laggy too... I sorted it by resetting the phone. I had too many apps anyway. Works perfect now :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

Anything that people are removing to speed things up? Not that it's slow I just dont want any junk on there.

After removing TWLauncher by mistake I realise I need help.
    DO NOT remove TWLauncher BTW :)

I did remove the Yahoo Finance and Zinio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

iwo wrote: »
    I found it laggy too... I sorted it by resetting the phone. I had too many apps anyway. Works perfect now :-D

when you did a reset did it stay on ICS?
    what exactly is the procedure for doing a reset?

charlesh wrote: »
    iwo wrote: »

when you did a reset did it stay on ICS?
    what exactly is the procedure for doing a reset?

After I installed ics...

Setting/back up and reset/factory data reset

I would suggest to reset SD card too if you have one.

Also this will reset everything so make sure you back up your photos/SMS or other stuff if needed. There is a nice app smsbackup on Google play.
    For photos you can either move them on PC or what I do is upload everything via Google+

As a news...I dropped the phone this morning while getting into car...screen is fine but body is all over :'( each side has marks...it fell on rough asphalt....I'm so pedantic and was looking after phone with special care...until today. I hope to see galaxy note 2 by end of the year or something...I'm not even sure if there is a plan for next ver anyway. Baaaaaaaaallllllsss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Wiping cache and dalvik cache with clockworkmod before installing new Rom works best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Is it really with it to upgrade from the sg2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

Big Lar wrote: »

I've had both (and a lot of other phones besides) and can say its an incredible device.
    I didn't think the speed of the S2 could be beat but it has been.
    Browsing the web seems faster.
    I got it for the big screen to watch videos and its very impressive.

The problem is going back to a smaller screen!

What about the s3 then is that worth a punt ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

So my SGN should be with me on Monday (fingers crossed :) )

What's the "best"/most stable ICS ROM for a user who likes it as stripped out as possible as I'll be putting on a Win Phone 7 style launcher anyway (suits my stubby fingers better :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    So my SGN should be with me on Monday (fingers crossed :) )

What's the "best"/most stable ICS ROM for a user who likes it as stripped out as possible as I'll be putting on a Win Phone 7 style launcher anyway (suits my stubby fingers better :p)

In using rocketrom fairly stable and has snote memo splanner etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yes. I had both side by side for a week or two, S2 screen looks like a Chinese knock off in comparison. Not a huge leap in functionality or features by any means, but for an upgrade that only cost me €120 odd I reckon it was well worth it.

Well I got it and I must say that its an absolute beast of a phone.

Gonna take a while to get used to the size but all in all I am very chuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

nice one - report back will ya?
    no way i will ever go back to a smaller screen now.
    i've had it for weeks now and use it primarily for ordinary phone stuff.
    but if u are writing , reading emails + surfing the web ( even a short amount of time like me ) - it really is the business.

i would be interested to see what u think.

nice one - report back will ya?
    no way i will ever go back to a smaller screen now.
    i've had it for weeks now and use it primarily for ordinary phone stuff.
    but if u are writing , reading emails + surfing the web ( even a short amount of time like me ) - it really is the business.

Hi all, just on the phone, i did root it and then I was able to remove all unwanted stuff frop samsung or google... Phone has 100mb more to operate smoother... Cpu is quickest r too.

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-gt-n7000-remove-bloatware-lite-rom-creator-72064/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Saw it in Vodafone in Limerick the other day.

I have to say that I am day two of the note and I'm dead impressed, it just peeps out over my shirt pocket and compared to my SG2 its way bigger. Looking through all the reviews it only said that it was an inch or so bigger but that inch makes some difference (Now I know what the girls meant)

Speed wise its much a much the same as the SG2 but as I have large fingers typing/swping is now so much easier, gotta love that pen too and the little note pad that pops up with the tap of the pen on the screen is the handiest thing ever.
    I am noticing thou that when i try to pull out the pen that my fingernail gets caught in the speaker, doe that happen to anyone else ?

Am looking fro an app to edit MS word, any suggestions ?

I can see no downside yet.

I have to say that I am day two of the note and I'm dead impressed, it just peeps out over my shirt pocket and compared to my SG2 its way bigger. Looking through all the reviews it only said that it was an inch or so bigger but that inch makes some difference (Now I know what the girls meant)

Speed wise its much a much the same as the SG2 but as I have large fingers typing/swping is now so much easier, gotta love that pen too and the little note pad that pops up with the tap of the pen on the screen is the handiest thing ever.
    I am noticing thou that when i try to pull out the pen that my fingernail gets caught in the speaker, doe that happen to anyone else ?

I can see no downside yet.
    You could be my twin - right down to keeping it in my shirt pocket :p

Have mine a few days as well, and like you I came from a SGS2 and it's a very worthy upgrade. I use Launcher 7 which puts the Windows Phone interface on it (better for tapping/swiping) and have rooted it and removed the bloat as well.

Have noticed the pen is tricky to remove but I have a silicone case on it which doesn't help but it's a minor inconvenience.

Anyone who's rooted it... I put LiteningRom on it and it's very good but has a few annoyances that are tempting me to try another one.

From reading XDA though, custom ROMs are a lot trickier than the SGS2 because of a bug that can cause you to brick the phone :(

XDA of course isn't much help as the kiddies there seem to spend more time fawning over the devs (who to be fair, do great work yes) and asking for the next release date so I thought I'd ask here.... once you've rooted it and put a custom ROM and kernel on it, are you good to go with downloading whatever ROM you like, or do you have to keep going back to the Abyss kernel first?

Cheers :)

Polaris QuickOffice is on my Note (came with the ROM) and seems alright - otherwise Kingsoft Office on the Market is free and will do this. Reviews look good but I haven't tried it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Paranoid Android hybrid ROM. Fantastic. :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1662802

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭positron

It's now 477 or so at Amazon.de! :(

Did you get update to 4.0.4?

This update is available through kies...

Pop up video is a great feature!

Advertisement