Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comments re spreading slurry

• 11-01-2012 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭

I was taking a look at Tripadvisor recently following a suggestion from the OH that we visit Dunbrody House for coffee or a meal. I read through some of the reviews, and came across one complaining about the 'country' smell. A reply from the owner of the house (well, according to the name of the account on Tripadvisor, anyway) responded with this comment:
    Dear pathogen,
    We cannot agree more. That farmers are permitted to spread whatever it is they spread and stink the rest of us out it is totally unacceptable. We had a week of that to endure and regardless of how many candles and fires were lit we could not get away from the smell. Personally I had a headache for a week. The smell seemed to permeate the very walls... Hoping to see you again in more agreeable country air.
    Kind Regards
    C[edit] D[edit]

The full review can be rad here: http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowUserReviews-g1391444-d503012-r118939551-Dunbrody_Country_House_Hotel-Arthurstown_County_Wexford.html#REVIEWS

Personally, I'm not very impressed by it, and following a disappointing visit when I was there, they won't be getting a second chance from me. I won't be going back again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Ah poor oul kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

i suspose its an extra included for 125e a night each and no breakfast:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Chances are he's just pandering to keep the guest happy and as a show of "solidarity" with guests rather than fighting the complaints...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Reading some of the other comments about his hotel, Mr. Dundon, would be well advised to show a bit of humility, instead of passing his problems off on the neighbouring farmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Reading some of the other comments about his hotel, Mr. Dundon, would be well advised to show a bit of humility, instead of passing his problems off on the neighbouring farmer.

Have to agree. It would make you think about staying with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

u,de have too admit though it is quite asmell when its spread close too adwelling,especially in the warmer summer weather.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Maybe we could start a poll

Do you think it was?
    a) pig sh1te
    b) regular fym
    c) cattle slurry
    d) something else

In fairness though trying to run a hotel/restaurant business with some farmer spreading pig slurry nearby can't be easy.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

wonder what he / she thought of the food... it would be kind of ironic to be saying how tasty and tender the steak is and complaining of a smell of slurry.... some people ha. wonder do they know what happens their on manure :rolleyes:

jlvn14l.jpg

Advertisement