Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help buying CDs from Japan

Options
  • 11-01-2012 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭

Hello All,

I dont post much here but after several frustrating days of trying to get cds which are not available in Ireland i thought i would seek some help and advice.

The bands in question are AA= (or All Animals are Equal or AAEquals) and Fear, and Loathing on Las Vegas (PLEASE NOTE THE COMMA AFTER FEAR.... Silly name for a band but i can only assume they wanted someone to stumble onto their stuff when searching. Generally you need to put the word band into your search)

The cds are #3 and Tour #1 (dvd) from AA=. Nextreme and Dance and Sream from Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas.

These are not available on Amazon, Ebay or I-tunes and I would really appreciate any advice in securing them. The only places you can seem to get them are HMV Japan or Amazon Japan. I dont have an account on either of these sites and it seems the ways to set them up are in Japanese :(

If anyone would be willing help me with this (or if someone has accounts on these pages) i would be eternally grateful.

Cormac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Here's some on Yesasia for AA=

And Also the other band on Yesasia

Probably not the CD's you're looking for but try googling sitels like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

You don't need to be able to understand Japanese to use amazon.co.jp. I remember I ordered books from the site before I could even speak a word!

Basically, their site is the exact same layout as any other amazon site. So what I would do is open up amazon.co.jp and set it to "in english" (it's in the top right hand corner of the page). It doesn't put everything in english but it does help. Next open up amazon.co.uk and keep it open so you can compare the 2 pages. If there's a button or something in Japanese that you don't understand just compare it with the English version!

Once you get to the checkout and stuff it should be mainly in English. But again, just compare with the English version if you're confused as it's exactly the same. Good luck!

Advertisement