If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks and query on wifi hifi turntable (!)

Options
  • 11-01-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Many thanks for the Samsung UE40D5520 which I purchased from you before Christmas - delighted with it and the price!

An entirely different query. I got a wifi/DAB radio for Christmas and am hooked by the fact that I can stream music from a media PC which already acts as my main hifi. I have also been looking for a vinyl turntable (ideally with in-built amp, but separates OK). Any kind of unit that you know of that might include wifi streaming capacity as well?!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Benton.

Glad you are hppy with your TV :D

At the moment we would not have a turntable with Wifi. I'm sure there is one out there or even a way around it but this is not something ive been asked before.

I had a search on the internet to try and give you some form of answer but can not find anything regarding a WiFi turntable, sorry :(

We do sell a varity of seperate turntables. Do you also require an amp and speakers to go along with the turntable or do you have your own HiFi?

You could also have a look at the following unit which has turntable,Amp,Radio,CD Player and Tape Deck:
    Teac LRP500 priced at £264.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hifi-systems/teac/lpr500/teac-lrp500

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beneton

Thanks for that - just a shot.

When you get a moment, then, what might you recommend for a basic if solid turntable and also for a separate amplifier? What would I then need to stream to amp. from PC? The amplifier would be hooked to an 80w JPW subwoofer and pair of small wharfedale speakers. Ideally, I'd also love to hook that amplifier up to two other pairs of wall mounted speakers elsewhere in the house. All thoughts, suggestions welcome!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,

Apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

A unit worth checking out is the Denon Ceol. This is a nice little mini system packed full of features. This will allow you to stream music from your PC, Ipod / Iphone (Airplay add on required) Internet radio, Napster and Last FM.

This unit has wifi built in so it can connect straight in to your home network.

If you'd like to plug a turntable into this unit you can also. But you'd need to run the turntable through a pre-phono amp first. So you'd run the turntable into the pre-phono and then into one of the audio inputs on the Denon.

This unit can only run 1 pair of speakers so you wouldn't be able to run a second room of it.

Check out the links below for more info on the Denon:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/mini-hifi-systems/denon/ceol-rcdn7/deno-ceol-rcdn7-blk

Let me know if this takes your fancy. Also if you've any questions just let me know. :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 21 beneton

chris

thanks

main ambition is a turntable with wifi-enabled amp OR a turntable, multi-speaker set amp plus something that will stream to the amp.

options?

cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi again,

Cheers for getting back to me. :)

We don't really do much in the way of a WiFi amp. We do stock network streamers though which could connect in to an amp. Could then also connect a turntable in too. :)

Check out this system:

Marantz PM6004 - £249.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/marantz/pm6004/mara-pm6004-blk

This is a fantastic amplifier. It'll allow you to run 2 pairs of speakers also.

Marantz NA7004 - £379.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tuners/marantz/na7004/mara-na7004-blk

The NA7004 will meet all your WiFi needs and more!! At the moment there is also a free Apple Airplay upgrade, very handy if you use Itunes, Ipod, Iphone or Ipad.

Marantz TT42 Turntable - £179.95
    http://marantz.co.uk/uk/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFi&SubCatId=Turntable&ProductId=TT42

This turntable is a classic. Been around for ages and still a very popular piece of kit. Very well built and excellent sound too. At £179.95 it's a steal.

Do you have speakers already? If not we've got loads of options here.

Let me know if this is going in the right direction for ya. :)

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.