Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie 12 man Bf3 League thing?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Is this starting tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Is this starting tonight?

No need a fair few more to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Suggest you maybe drop the numbers just to get something going? You could do Rush Inf Only with 6 v 6, or Sq DM either?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I should prob mention that I could probably pull a squad of 4 from my clan if there's extra.
    Else put me into any squad if possible :D

Whats your clans name? Its not DoWUK is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

djrichard wrote: »
    Whats your clans name? Its not DoWUK is it?

Yeah it is {DoWUK}

• Advertisement

Yeah it is {DoWUK}

OMG this is the smallest of worlds! My clan (DST) are playing a clanmatch against you on Wednesday! Im now racking my brain to think if I found DoWUK from this forum, but I dont think so because I thought I had made an effort to find a UK server that wasnt connected with Ireland because the last two clanmatches Ive arranged have been against Irish clans.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Stick me in any squad I will play and can get another one or two if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

MR Daz will also play for Craggy,, will rustle up either Joeface or excalibur as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

Oh so now its ok for me to play with Craggy ....grand so I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Joeface wrote: »
    Oh so now its ok for me to play with Craggy ....grand so I'm in.

cool...so that's myself, you, some useless yank and Mr Daz with excalibhur in for sub as well..

• Advertisement

Pmed ponster to edit the OP.

Not far off having the 12 man teams if TIG and CI can get 12 each, still a few i know playing to post.

When we have 4 or 5 12 man squads i post up a Poll to see what you wanna play it on.

OMG this is the smallest of worlds! My clan (DST) are playing a clanmatch against you on Wednesday! Im now racking my brain to think if I found DoWUK from this forum, but I dont think so because I thought I had made an effort to find a UK server that wasnt connected with Ireland because the last two clanmatches Ive arranged have been against Irish clans.

Yep. Unfortunately I can't play, as it clashes with the Real -vs- Barca game :cool: and that must be watched :D
    Enjoy

Yep. Unfortunately I can't play, as it clashes with the Real -vs- Barca game :cool: and that must be watched :D
    Enjoy

Yeah, I saw your post on DoWUK forum. Its a shame you cant make the clanmatch. I suppose at least this way I wont be on here tomorrow making jokes about our victory......(crosses fingers and hopes for the best!).

Wouldn't be suprised. The skill level within our clan is pretty low-average ( as most are mid30's-50 :P) ...some decent players though
    We're all about fun.

Enjoy the game :D ....but I heard you picked Metro as your conquest ?...wow...how lame....no offense, but seriously ? (I probably wouldn't have played if I was available if I knew that was the map for conquest, I'm sure every other player on here would agree that it's possibly the worst conquest map in the game by far)

I wanted to play Seine Crossing myself. However one of our players hates that map, so we didnt want to play if anyone was strongly against it. I dont even know what you guys have chosen yet! Ive not checked.

.....as most are mid30's-50 :P) ...some decent players though

LOL sounds like TiG these days!

Stick us down for a team, we should be able to rustle 12 players up. Prefer Wed and Sun nights for matches if poss.

Wouldn't be suprised. The skill level within our clan is pretty low-average ( as most are mid30's-50 :P) ...some decent players though
    We're all about fun.

Enjoy the game :D ....but I heard you picked Metro as your conquest ?...wow...how lame....no offense, but seriously ? (I probably wouldn't have played if I was available if I knew that was the map for conquest, I'm sure every other player on here would agree that it's possibly the worst conquest map in the game by far)

We played the match and its all over. It was a bit one sided in our favour, but it was still good to have a clan match because you really make an effort and concentrate compared to when just playing on any random match.

Round 1 Op Metro: DST win by 210 tickets from 350
    Round 2 Op Metro: DST win by 288 tickets from 350
    Round 3 Cas Border : DST win by 111 tickets from 150
    Round 4 Cas Border : DST win by 130 tickets from 150

Total : DST win with 739 tickets from 1000 available.

It wasnt hardcore as we had hoped, there was 3D spotting which is a bit easy, and hit points were increased to 80, but that was agreed before the match.

Spoony did a great job being admin on the server, everything worked perfectly without hitch.

We played the match and its all over. It was a bit one sided in our favour, but it was still good to have a clan match because you really make an effort and concentrate compared to when just playing on any random match.

Round 1 Op Metro: DST win by 210 tickets from 350
    Round 2 Op Metro: DST win by 288 tickets from 350
    Round 3 Cas Border : DST win by 111 tickets from 150
    Round 4 Cas Border : DST win by 130 tickets from 150

Total : DST win with 739 tickets from 1000 available.

It wasnt hardcore as we had hoped, there was 3D spotting which is a bit easy, and hit points were increased to 80, but that was agreed before the match.

Spoony did a great job being admin on the server, everything worked perfectly without hitch.

And what has that got to do with the boards league ?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    And what has that got to do with the boards league ?

Its not got anything to do with Boards league. I was finishing a conversation I was having with someone who is interested in playing in the boards league earlier in this thread. Few posts always stay on topic on forums, this is just one of them. No big deal, I was just letting him know how it went.

You can get back on topic now :rolleyes:

Its not got anything to do with Boards league. I was finishing a conversation I was having with someone who is interested in playing in the boards league earlier in this thread. Few posts always stay on topic on forums, this is just one of them. No big deal, I was just letting him know how it went.

You can get back on topic now :rolleyes:

Cheers thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Blazer wrote: »
    cool...so that's myself, you, some useless yank and Mr Daz with excalibhur in for sub as well..

bit of a dream team forming yeah. i might even be tempted to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

yankinlk wrote: »
    bit of a dream team forming yeah. i might even be tempted to play again.

248149.1020.A.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

yer slippin horse. you used to be able to photshop the heads in and all. altho i do see drax and dewinter in there all right.

Boards Alpha Squad
    1.Squad leader Enderman
    2.Creature
    3.Farcheal
    4.Dazza
    5.Kweeven
    6.DJRICHARDGRANT
    7.Battser
    8.Battser+1
    9.Battser+2

Boards Delta Squad
    1.Squad Leader Ktulu123(imawesome1987)
    2.Dreamers75(kdjac)
    3.Igster
    4.AnCapaillMor
    5.EIRELEGEND
    6.Seantheman
    7.DOW
    8.DOW
    9.DOW
    10.Jigsaw124

The Irish Guard
    1. Squad Leader Fairy
    2. Balloon Spider
    3. Syco
    4. Jim
    5. Ark
    6. Lucutus
    7. Fran
    8. Abe
    9. Karma
    10. Wagg
    11. Bratprince
    12. d22ontour

Craggy Island
    1.Squad leader Airblazer
    2.Yanklink
    3.Joeface
    4.Excalibur
    5.Mr Daz

dreamers75 wrote: »
    13.D22ontour

Awwww Yeah! Will never forget the final of the BF2 comp at one of the midlans with d22 hurling abuse across the hall at the other team at 4:30 in the morning!

1. Fairy
    2. Balloon Spider
    3. Syco
    4. Jim
    5. Ark
    6. Lucutus
    7. Fran
    8. Abe
    9. Karma
    10. Wagg
    11. Bratprince
    12. d22ontour

And a few others...

Can you explain the format, just so I can pass it onto the DoWUK lads and explain it to them.

Can you explain the format, just so I can pass it onto the DoWUK lads and explain it to them.

Sunday nights 8ish.......thats about it so far :D

Thinking of game length and last time we had it down to an hour per match or so.

Bf3 changes things, i think 2 rounds of conquest assault and 2 rounds of rush but that could be 2 hours.(will stick up a poll when the signups done)

Each team plays each other once and over 5(6) weekends(hopefully a 6th team will join). There are 9 maps with 27 possible (good) modes (im confident we will get 6 12 man teams).

You play 5 organised games on a sunday and great fcuking fun, except the boards team cos we will lose but have fun losing :)

TIG loaning us a server :) So Fairy needed every week.

Yeah we can do a server no worries.

• Advertisement

Cool. Sundays are good.
    I can probably get more numbers if needed to make up teams.

Also, if a 2nd server is needed to run a match we can probably provide that too, provided we don't have a match in progress.

Advertisement