Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate civil engineering positions London

Options
  • 11-01-2012 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi......Im new to boards.ie and really need some advice.

Ive recently graduated with a degree in civil engineering and was hoping to gain experience in Ireland but this is proving difficult.
    However, Ive decided to move to UK to get experience so was wondering does anyone know of any companies that are currently hiring civil engineering graduates anywhere in UK??
    I would be open to any type of position as site engineer, design engineer, surveying or project management.

I would greatly appreciate any advice at all or what would be the best way to find a position in London.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭delta720

Gradcracker If you just graduated then it's hard (but not impossible) to walk straight into a job without experience, as you probably know yourself. But thankfully there's still a good amount of graduate programmes offered by UK companies, alot would have closed applications before Christmas for the summer 2012 intake but there'll still be a few open.

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Gradcivil

Thanks delta720.
    Had a look at that website but I was hoping to find something fairly soon with an immediate start.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

http://www.ardmoregroup.co.uk/recruitment/vacancies/

Worth sending your CV to these guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Gradcivil

Thank You....I am goin to send cv to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Best of luck. I started as a graduate civil engineer with Murphy's just over a year ago. Getting out of Ireland is the right call no doubt and you'll love it here if you get something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

I have 12 years experience and am completing the final year of a honours degree in Construction management at the moment, is there much work in London at the moment for someone like me?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Crossrail will be huge for engineering and construction management

Advertisement