Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for summer?

Options
  • 11-01-2012 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, brand new to this and looking for some second opinions!

Planning on going away for the summer, but not too sure where….

My girlfriend and I are both students so have June till Mid September free, decided to head south in search of some sun!

Only problem is being students is we need to find jobs to pay for food, rent etc

Initial plan was go to Alicante and find work in Irish pub, yet decided this may be too far south to actually do work.

Girlfriend decided Barcelona may be good, we have been there before and it really is lovely!

Then I thought about south of France, Nice or Marseille. There is lower unemployment than Spain so therefore looks competition for jobs. Also from some online research, the minimum wage is much higher! The other benefit is we both have basic French (leaving cert), as opposed to not a word of Spanish.

I don’t know of anyone who has does this so just wondering if it can be done?

Also apart from working in an Irish bar, where else could we work? Only have lounge staff and retail experience in Ireland…

Any advice on destinations, we would go anywhere once its warm …

Advertisement