Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Zumba and the kinect

Options
  • 11-01-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

So i got this for the OH (I swear!) as she was excited that she could try it at home and save some money not going to the classes.

so anyway any time she goes to play it it never picks her up as a player. It goes as far as the kinect tuner screen but the done or start or whatever is greyed out.

its only worked maybe twice and both times we weren't sure exactly what we had done.

it seems to pick me up most of the time but thats not much use for when i'm at work and she wants to play.

we tried adjusting sensor up and down, tuning it, wearing bright clothing etc but it just doesn't seem to pick her up at all.

has anyone experienced anything similar before?

oh and this is the only game it doesn't work for, all others (including the main screen) pick her up straight away.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Did you try adjusting where the sensor is placed (eg above the tv if it's below and vice versa).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

no its above the tv as always, but that in itself isn't wile high off the ground (3ft judging by my height)

I'll try moving it down a bit and see if that makes any difference though... Fingers crossed!

nope no change when under the tv (about a foot off the ground)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

how big is the area where you play it?

generally the only time when kinect doesnt work for me is at my gfs house where she has an old school house with a relatively small sitting room and xbox fails too see me in its range all the time cause your moving.

I dont think clothing will make any difference, i managed to get it working in the dark before :)

You could try setting up player recognition?

all other games work fine (its not the biggest room but when you move the couch you can even get in two player)

it just seems to be zumba. All the other games and the mainscreen recognise her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I had a problem like that before but it turned out it wasn't picking me up cause I was wearing a black long sleved top.
    Do you have a big enough play area? You might need that accessory that makes the play area smaller?
    Is the test showing anything at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

danniemcq wrote: »
    all other games work fine (its not the biggest room but when you move the couch you can even get in two player)

it just seems to be zumba. All the other games and the mainscreen recognise her

Have you connected the xbox to internet to see if theres any update for the game. It would generally find the update just when you launch the game as far as you have a connection to the internet. Other than that i really dont know :( contact Zumba developer mayber?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Get this if you want to make the play area smaller, it might help you be picked up: Nyko Zoom

Advertisement