Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Wexford

Options
  • 11-01-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am heading to Wexford for the weekend with college folks. What is there to do there? I've heard the Sky and the Ground is good. What age demographic goes to the Stores? What other pubs are worth going in for a pint/good (British rock!) music?

What else is there to do, that is, if at all possible, not particularly pricey.

Any advice would be much appreciated,
    Oasis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

If its a music style pub you are after, then the Sky and the Ground is number one really and it has a great range of beers that you wont usually see around.

Also try Maggie Mays on the other side of the town.

Ages in the Stores varies depending on the floor you go on. Bottom floor is very much 18-25, and the floors above you have a more respectable age grouping of 26-40 I guess, and the music may be more to your taste. Each floor differs. However, depending on the night you are there, they may not open all floors.

In fairness, nearly all the pubs around are good craic, its the one thing Wexford probably does well with! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Cheers lads, appreciate the help. I had heard that Stores can be a bit of a teeny bopper place some nights but it sounds like it's worth a shot. I haven't been down to Wexford Town in probably seven or eight years and apparently Wexford Jewellers (?) has moved. Anyway, thanks again

Advertisement