Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Travel Card

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I've never been asked. When my friends were asked they always said that they'd forgotten it in a different handbag than the one they were using that day. Their ticket was never taken off them or anything.

These days they're a lot stricter than they used to be.

Not sure I'd get away with saying I've left mine in my other handbag....being a guy and all ;)

Actually on another note my gf (who finished in UCD last year) managed to get a student travel card out there this year. They didn't ask her for any current student ID. She was telling me to ehad there next year to pick one up. I'm guessing though that this was more of a once off thing as in Trinty they always ask you for college ID (or some other proof)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

thunderdog wrote: »
    Not sure I'd get away with saying I've left mine in my other handbag....being a guy and all ;)

Actually on another note my gf (who finished in UCD last year) managed to get a student travel card out there this year. They didn't ask her for any current student ID. She was telling me to ehad there next year to pick one up. I'm guessing though that this was more of a once off thing as in Trinty they always ask you for college ID (or some other proof)

They never ask for ID at the pop up stands for the first week of each semester, but they do in the actual student travelcard office. I imagine it's the same deal in Trinity.

They never ask for ID at the pop up stands for the first week of each semester, but they do in the actual student travelcard office. I imagine it's the same deal in Trinity.

I haven't spotted pop up stands for the travel card in Trinity before. They might exist though

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

thunderdog wrote: »
    I haven't spotted pop up stands for the travel card in Trinity before. They might exist though

There was one this week in the Hammo.

Ah right I need to get out of the office more!

• Advertisement
Advertisement