Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Button Holes

Options
  • 11-01-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Been looking for opinions re flowers for weddings seeing as I'm about to embark on a merry dance with my life-long florist....

So my future husband has five brothers so that makes 1 best man, 2 groomsmen and 2 ushers....so who gets buttonholes? Is it all 5 and the 2 dad's? Does the father of the bride get one? What about corsages for the mother of the bride/groom? Do they happen?
    I would love to hear your opinions...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We're not having ushers so I don't know about them but I presume they do get them if you want them to. We're getting them for both fathers. I'm not a fan of corsages so we're leaving them out but a lot of people seem to get them.

I think it all comes down to personal preference really.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Was only researching this today!

For starters you can have whatever you want. I was at a wedding recently where the groom forgot the box of buttonholes so the men and parents were all flowerless. The groom nabbed one flower from the church display. The bride never noticed and it made no difference

Depending on cost I'll be either having the whole bridal party with buttonholes, corsages for the mammies or if the budget can stretch I'd like my brothers and their partners to have them too.

It's really up to you

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's a long time since I've been to a wedding where any man outside of the bridal party has worn a buttonhole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MICHMASH76

am told all the bridal party - men should wear them. then the "mothers" have the same but double up on the flowers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I think we have the male bridal party (groom, best man, 2 groomsmen), 2 dads, my stepdad and our 2 sons and then we are getting corsages for the 2 mothers. Its really whatever you want yourself.

No way would I be able to go to the expense of having them for all the male guests though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We didn't bother with them and I'm so glad! Saved us a few bob and the men were delighted not to be fiddling around with them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am making them for our lot- 2 fathers and 2 witnesses.

there is no way i would be making them for everyone

Advertisement