Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland or Syria?

• 11-01-2012 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I was present at a meeting for Robbie Keane's/Brian Keher's Club (Crumlin United) on Monday night. I am still trying to digest the gravity of the disclosures at the meeting. Some of the disclosures as follows; The Clubs Directors have not held an AGM for 9 years. This meeting was only called as a reaction to a meeting called by some Club Volunteers to discuss some of the issues that have come to light within the Club. The Clubs Directors have not produced any financial statements to the Club members in this time. The Clubs Directors would not allow anyone at the meeting to see the Clubs Constitution, but said it was over 30 years old and was years ahead of its time in its foresight! One of the Clubs Directors openly admitted loaning €135,000 (outstanding) of Club funds to a friend. One of the Clubs Directors admitted that he would not be able to source receipts for everything. One of the Clubs Directors said there was an audit been carried out as we speak but did not reveal who was carrying this audit out. The Clubs Directors would not agree to an EGM to be held and said they would have an AGM in June. Attempts were made at the meeting to silence speakers (Club Volunteers) who had questions to ask. Additionally, attempts were made to finish the meeting without any explanation given by Clubs Directors on the issues aforementioned. I have posted this thread to highlight to the Football People in this country that lots of good work is been done to develop our young players on a Voluntary basis, but unfortunately, things are not always as they seem. As a Club Volunteer Manager I now have to look at my position within the Club and decide what is the best course of action for me to take.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

What has the title got to do with the post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Superbus wrote: »
    What has the title got to do with the post?

What has the post got to do with anything :pac:

And Robbie Keane's club is L.A. Galaxy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Paragraphs, man, PARAGRAPHS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Syria probably. In saying that, you never really know. It could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I think instead of sending an e-mail to somebody at work you accidentally posted it on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Scamaill wrote: »
    As a Club Volunteer Manager I now have to look at my position within the Club and decide what is the best course of action for me to take.

Blast them with p***!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Newaglish wrote: »
    I think instead of sending an e-mail to somebody at work you accidentally posted it on boards.

I think someone's been at the glue tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 barr32

lay off the crack op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You lost me at Robbie Keane. West life were way better anyway.

Banned for spamming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement