Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best collaborations between two MCs

• 11-01-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭

The thread title might be a bit vague so I'll try to explain it as best I can:
    • Basically I'm wondering what do you think are the best songs with ONLY 2 artists on the track
    • Not one artist, not 5 or 6, just TWO artists. They can be from a group (Outkast, UGK, Bad Meets Evil, etc.), or they can include a feature from another artist
    • The feature has to be a verse though
    • No guests hooks are allowed
    • And finally, the most important criteria is that both rappers have to spit dope verses

I'll start it off:

Ghost was on fire on this album, but Raekwon makes him step up a notch on this track. Great story-telling in the song combined with a sensational delivery from Rae.

A stone cold classic. I don't think I need to add to much more to this.

Great cover of Deep Cover. Mad flow from Pun, and of course his "dead in the middle..." line still amazes.

I can't leave out one of raps greatest groups. I had another song but then I tripped up on my own rules. Great lines from two great emcees.

This song had to be on it. IMO both Jay and Em spit the best verses of their careers on this. How sick must Jigga have felt to find that he got pipped on his own song.

Again I reckon this is Game and 50's best song. 50's verse was easily his best ever imo and the same with Game.

I've left the best for last. Pure joy listening to this. Big Boi was on fire and Andre wasn't close behind at all.

So what songs have I forgotten? I'm always on the look out for more music and expecially ones where two MCs trade blows like the above songs.

Comments

Advertisement