Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Las Vegas

Options
  • 11-01-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks. I'm posting to tell you about my friend's band, Leaving Las Vegas.

From their facebook bio;

"Formed in November 2009 Leaving Las Vegas is a Dublin based quartet forging shades of Indie rock immersed in pop qualities.
    This up and coming group is helmed by charismatic frontman, Aaron Cranley who contributes lead vocals and guitar.
    By his side picks bassist Shane Cranley. Shane also lends his baritone voice for backing vocals on many tunes.
    Supplying decorative melodies is piano and keyboard player Ian Cullen who also furnishes backing vocals with another layer.
    Finally keeping this enthusiastic bunch in check is the drum stylings of Ciaran Higgins."

They are friends of mine. The frontman and bassist, as you can probably guess from the bio, are brothers, one of whom has been a close friend of mine since school.

They have an E.P. coming out this month, and there are three songs from the E.P. available on their facebook page via the soundcloud tab.

If you have the time to check the page out, like it, listen to the songs and provide some feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Link to their Facebook page

Link to their Soundcloud page

There is also a website under construction, which should be complete this month. When it is, I will provide a link to that also.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

The lads have finally finished and uploaded their debut video.

Please take the time to check it out!

Thanks again folks.

Hi Folks.
    Some news about upcoming shows.

The lads are playing in Whelans in Dublin city centre this Thursday (free admission), The Slaughtered Lamb in Swords on Friday and nest Thursday, the 26th, they are playing in The Grand Social on Liffey Street.

If you're not doing anything else, please feel free to pop along and check a live performance out.

And, as in my previous post, please check out the youtube link for "Exit" and feel free to provide feedback on the thread, which I will pass on to the lads.

Thanks again.

Hi

LLV are playing Sweeney's Dame Street on the 1st March. More info here.

http://www.facebook.com/Gigonometry

Also, should have the E.P. out by the end of the week and a website up soon.

The E.P. has finally arrived. It's looking well, and sounds great too. It will be on sale at all the lads' gigs for €5 per copy, and I will be setting up an online sale facility soon.

430182_323936357657908_100441190007427_1014027_1354779748_n.jpg

Leaving Las Vegas play Sweeney's basement, Dame St for Love Music hate Racism Ireland on Friday night alongside many other acts.

Details in this thread here

Also, they've been included in the inaugural We:Session festival which includes acts such as Aslan, Jape, The Kanyu Tree and many many more.

Check it out.

We:Session website

• Advertisement

Tonight, Leaving Las Vegas play Premier Hall in Thurles, supporting Bressie. Doors from 7:30, if anybody's around there.

LLV supported Bressie on Friday in the INEC Killarney. It was a great night and they've been invited to support him yet again, in his hometown, Mullingar, in the Greville Arms Hotel this Saturday.

Also. They took part in Block C Studios live sessions, recording a cover of Adele's "Rolling in The Deep".

Check it out.

Advertisement