Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering switching to Airtricity for gas & electricity - any views?

Options
  • 11-01-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

That's it really.

Did a search & most hits seem to deal with billing issues, but not in a bad way.

So, giving that they're much cheaper, should I switch?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

dudara wrote: »
    Moved to Accomodation & Property

dudara

:confused::confused::confused:

Could this be any more of a Consumer Issues question?! It has nothing to do with property.

Now not a single reply.

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was with Airtricity in my last house, never had an issue with them. Used direct debit and online billing, I gave them my own readings.

If it works out cheaper for you then why not? Go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Hi op, i was with bord gais for gas and esb for electricity. Considered switching for ages, airtricity seemed to give a good deal but when you read the small print you have to pay if you opt out within two years or something. I switched to bundle gas and electricity together with esb, together with online billing and i'm absolutely thrilled. Bills were typically 70 bimonthly for electricity and 40 for gas, (2 bed well insulated apartment) but my last bill was only 78 euro for the two, and that was my christmas bill where i had lights on, more heat etc! I'd definitely recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

The issue I have with them is that they take a deposit of €200 (tenant) and will not return it until I close my account with them. As far as I'm concerned if I'm paying by DD then they should not need a deposit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Very belatedly, thanks for the replies. Didn't switch to Airtricity. Got a lot of bad word of mouth about customer service.

Thanks again.

D.

Advertisement