Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - Speed issues

• 11-01-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi, I have a quick question about my broadband.

Yesterday I got my broadband upgraded from 3MB to 6MB (up to 7.6MB but my line can only support 6MB). Also the wires around the phone port got disconnected out of the socket the other day, however, I reconnected them and I am on the internet. Both events happened on the same day which is making it hard for me to determine my problem, which is the speed of my internet now keeps spiking/dropping, it will reach 600kbps and then drop dramatically to barely 50kbps. Currently its saying it will take 1 hour to download a 100MB file.
    I'm also lucky if the speedtest.net website loads.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction if the problem is on my end (the re-wiring) or on the providers side (the new package), as the problem is really irritating me now!

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Check your line stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Turns out it was the wires afterall, thanks for your reply jor el though.

Advertisement