Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degree in Human Nutrition

Options
  • 11-01-2012 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I am a holistic therapist thinking of studying the Degree in Human Nutrition. The course details include maths and agriculture and appears to be quite challenging! I'd love to hear from someone who is doing the course and let me know what are their expectations upon graduating and what they thought of the course overall. Many thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Inhousejoke

Hi nanta, I'm not studying human nutrition, but I am studying Food Science and we share many of our classes with the nutritionists.

All of the first year Agricultural Science dept. courses have very similar first year modules, such as maths and the basic sciences, to give us a good background in everything as we go forward into the harder stuff. Each year, the modules become more subject specific, and harder!

Every college course is challenging, but the Human Nutritionists are put under quite a large workload, and generally have a harder time of things then us in Food Science, for whatever reason. This may have to do with the fact that they have a long period of work experience they have to do (nearly a full academic year in 3rd year), so they have to get a lot of stuff done before that. The CAO points are high for the nutritionists, and probably deservedly so.

If you want to be a nutritionist, they definetly do it, without a doubt! But bear in mind you'll have to work a lot. Good Luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nanta

Thanks Inhousejoke for that, it was very helpful! Best of luck with your own studies :)

Advertisement