Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone washed converse in a machine

• 11-01-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

My daughter has ruined her pink converse and I was wondering will they survive a trip through the washing machine?

Any one tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 sillyruby

i would be very cautious and to be honest wouldnt recommend putting them in the machine brother and friend did it and both times the glues "leaked" anddidnt really clean them...both pairs ended up in the bin after!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Wash them on cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

What exactly is it that's on them? if it's just mud then you could try soaking them in cold water and some travelwash or something first.

I wouldn't put them in the machine unless it was the very last option.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jamillia

Check the settings on your washing machine.

I did successfully wash my converse in a machine once, but the machine had a special 'sneakers' setting (don't know if that's normal?) it's very gentle on them. I think it depends on the state of the seams etc. Old cons start to come away at the seams a bit, develop little holes in the canvas and so on, so they may get damaged by a washing machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Sick them in a pillowcase on a cold wash, they'll be fine, I do it all the time & they always come out like new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Scrubbing with Cif on a cloth usually works a treat on my cons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

yip all the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Gooseygoosey

I have 2 pairs for work that I wear and wash on alternating weeks......It doesn't lessen the life span of them (well not of my ones anyway) I throw them in with the cold towel wash and dry them on the radiator. I'm not a fan of the grubby Converse look.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

celticbest wrote: »
    Sick them in a pillowcase on a cold wash, they'll be fine, I do it all the time & they always come out like new.

Like the sound of this, will give it a try thanks :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

the colour will probably fade a bit but it kind of makes them look vintage which is good (i think anyway)

might tighten them up a little bit too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've thrown mine in a few times and they came out fine, squeaky clean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

never had a problem with washing them on low temp

Advertisement