Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to Get in Shape

Options
  • 11-01-2012 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hello fitness people! ;)

I started studying software development 18 months ago and the weight has been slowly crawling on, as you can imagine it's not the most active lifestyle! Didn't have any regular exercise in my schedule. So if I'm to be working in this area I've decided to get in shape, lose some weight then keep a healthy lifestyle.

I'm currently 26, 6ft and 15.5 stone. I was around 14.5->15 for a good few years but gone up to 15.5 with all this computer work.

The plan - get down to 14 stone.

I know there's a lot of variables with body fat and stuff but does 14 stone sound about right for 6ft med build? Not overly bothered about the numbers, so long as I find my healthy level.

A week ago I joined the gym & pool. Never been much of a gym user so I've been concentrating on getting my exercise from swimming. I'll move on the gym as well I'd say.

So 7 days in I've gone for 20 lengths in the pool every day. When this starts being easier I'll up the lengths.

I've no plans for any crazy diets, just common sense, such as replacing the 11am sausage roll and coke for a banana or soup! Not too up to speed with the nutritional end of things so must look into that too.

Anyway I'll update the log every week at least. If you don't see me here, give out. :o

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Just realising weight is the only thing I think of in imperial units. Must go metric and move to kg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Forgot I'd started this thread!

Summary of progress to date;

05 Jan = 20 lengths
    06 Jan = 20 lengths
    07 Jan = 20 lengths
    08 Jan = 20 lengths
    09 Jan = 20 lengths
    10 Jan = 20 lengths
    11 Jan = 20 lengths
    12 Jan = 20 lengths
    14 Jan = 60 lengths
    16 Jan = 20 lengths
    17 Jan = 20 lengths
    19 Jan = 20 lengths
    20 Jan = 20 lengths
    21 Jan = 40 lengths
    22 Jan = 40 lengths
    02 Feb = 20 lengths + 3.3km Treadmill (45min)

Was away for a while at the end of January so missed a gap in the training. Went to the gym for the first time on my return though, 5 min walk (4km/hr) + 15min run (8.7km/hr) + 5 min walk + 15 min run + 5 min walk.

Weighed myself for the first time yesterday and lost 0.5 stone, which I didn't think I had! So exercise seems to be working. :)

Advertisement