Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pbr sim heifers

• 11-01-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

hi all, as above im in the hunt for a pbr sim heifer,preferably inot in calf but would consider,want to intergrate some pure breds into the herd and maybe have them all pb eventually,in the midlands/leinster preferably,or if anyone knows anyone that has some you can message details,am not going to pay crazy prices some lads think theyre worth on donedeal but i dont expect to get them for nothing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

they way the trade is for all types of cattle at the minute you will not get them too cheap anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I wouldnt use done deal as a reference, theres too many, superior, smashing, pictures do not do them justice, exceptional quality notices on overpriced animals. dont get me wrong ive bought a few of it and pretty impressed with what i did get. i just feel theres a lot of lads who really reckon by printing it on donedeal that it becomes fact. either i look for something different in an animal or some of the lads on done deal either spend too much time at marts or not enough. i even seen someone selling a triple muscle bb heifer to day. I dont know where some of them are getting the grading system either. Personally if i see someone talking up their animals it puts me off even calling. Sorry rant over:D
    Hope you get what your looking for but there seems to be a big change towards the sim and they are becoming more and more popular. we try to breed sim through lim and reckon we get an excellent cross for breeding. Wouldnt be over pushed on going into a pure herd though. had a few pure limos and it didnt really justify the returns for the work put in and between reg fees and all. You need to be completly dedicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

1chippy wrote: »
    i even seen someone selling a triple muscle bb heifer . I dont know .

I saw that there lately and nearly fell off the chair when I saw the gimp of her.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

anyone on here breed pb simmentals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Bizzum wrote: »
    I saw that there lately and nearly fell off the chair when I saw the gimp of her.:)

I seen it too and nearly wet myself, even sent a link to one of the friends on facebook I thought it was so funny:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Here she is, the little beauty..

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/beefcattle/2880520

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Saw this ad on the beef pages too

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/beefcattle/2901954

Someone trying to get the rest of us to dig in:)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

why are you going down the route of PB.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

simx wrote: »
    anyone?

hey simx. We breed both com. and ped. simmys. If your just startin out i wouldnt go rushin out buying a heifer straight away. Goin down the ped root can be a disaster if not done right. My advice would be to go to the premier sale in roscommon in april and the one in tullamore in may- pick out YOUR fav heifers and bulls and study their breeding and back breeding. You ll soon c wat you like and what you dont.
    Then you can look for a hiefer with breeding you like down the line.
    Final advice DONT BUY A SHOW HEIFER BUY A HEIFER THAT WILL BREED A SHOW HEIFER!
    Best off luck with it anyways.The simmys are comin strong and i can only see them gettin stronger

• Advertisement

hey simx. We breed both com. and ped. simmys. If your just startin out i wouldnt go rushin out buying a heifer straight away. Goin down the ped root can be a disaster if not done right. My advice would be to go to the premier sale in roscommon in april and the one in tullamore in may- pick out YOUR fav heifers and bulls and study their breeding and back breeding. You ll soon c wat you like and what you dont.
    Then you can look for a hiefer with breeding you like down the line.
    Final advice DONT BUY A SHOW HEIFER BUY A HEIFER THAT WILL BREED A SHOW HEIFER!
    Best off luck with it anyways.The simmys are comin strong and i can only see them gettin stronger

thanks for the advice,have ypu any for sale by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

Nothin at the moment, culled alot the last few years so im lettin up a good few at the moment. Good luck with hunt!

Nothin at the moment, culled alot the last few years so im lettin up a good few at the moment. Good luck with hunt!
    what woud you be asking for thgem this year if ya were to sell? and age would you sell at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭David brown

simx wrote: »
    what woud you be asking for thgem this year if ya were to sell? and age would you sell at?
    With respect thats a pointless question without seeing the animals.i wouldnt tell anyone the price over the phone.

With respect thats a pointless question without seeing the animals.i wouldnt tell anyone the price over the phone.

im only asking a guide price from a man that breeds pbr sim,have a good idea myself but no harm in asking a rough price to be going on to pay for a resonable one not a "pictures do no justice" heifer

Advertisement