Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple iphone IOS 5.0.2 release date

• 11-01-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

Anyone know when IOS 5.0.2 is being released for the iPhone ??

Initially, was supposed to be in November

But no news as of late as to when it's being released

Comments

obi604 wrote: »

5.1 is up next. What's the rush anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's not going to be one.

5.1 is next and it's in it's third round of beta testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭obi604

cisk wrote: »

5.1 is up next. What's the rush anyway.

The rush is, there is a known issue with 5.0.1 which affects battery life on iPhone 4s

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3391947?start=8910&tstart=0

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

5.1 not 5.0.1. What's different in 5.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭obi604

there's not going to be one.

5.1 is next and it's in it's third round of beta testing.

Thanks.
    How long normally after this beta testing is the release to the public done, weeks, months etc ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Reports are that 5.1 beta 3 doesn't improve battery life either.

That's not to say the final version of 5.1 will not improve it, their workings may not be included in the beta yet.

I dont believe they can improve the battery life, the 4S hardware with limited battery tech is the problem. Its not a bug.

Apple just wont admit it. Its said that steve Jobs cancelled the 5 release because the battery was just not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

cisk wrote: »
    I dont believe they can improve the battery life, the 4S hardware with limited battery tech is the problem. Its not a bug.

Apple just wont admit it. Its said that steve Jobs cancelled the 5 release because the battery was just not good enough.

After smashing my 4S I got an insurance replacement .... Battery is a lot lot better with the replacement.

On my previous 4S ... my usage time seemed very high (an hour or 2 off standby time). Now the usuage time seems to be on a par with my actual usage - and could have up to 40% left an end of full day.

My first 4S was a launch day purchase ... to me it seems like a hardware issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Thanks.
    How long normally after this beta testing is the release to the public done, weeks, months etc ?
    it depends usually takes a week from the last beta to release. now define the last beta and it will be a week from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

5.0.2 will be out right after next week jailbreak :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Stuxnet wrote: »
    5.0.2 will be out right after next week jailbreak :cool:

Matter of days so as said by pod2gs blog wont except much from apples update! !Don't up grade if you want to jailbreak the a5 devices

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

The rush is, there is a known issue with 5.0.1 which affects battery life on iPhone 4s

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3391947?start=8910&tstart=0

My battery issue was fixed when I updated to 5.01 (9a406) from 5.01 (9a405)

Advertisement