Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOWNSVILLE OZ

Options
  • 11-01-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

does any 1 know if there is much work happening around townsville thinking about going to oz or new zealand soon, need some addvise badly. thanks in advance guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

As in Townsville, Queensland? I was only there for like an hr seems to be a fairly average town. Havent heard great things about it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

The only thing to do around Townsville is go to Magnetic Island. Bout 20 min boat trip from Townsville. It's a nice place to see but that's about it, not much else to do around Townsville.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

What sort of work? Townsville's all about who you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

The strip livens up at nighttime there in Townsville though.

Good spot for a night out. But wouldn't stay there longer than a day or two.

Do you HAVE TO work in Townsville?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I worked in Townsville for a few months back in July/August, its a good town, rent in the CBD is ridiculous, but its okay outside , I was workin in the port, plenty of work there, they are upgrading substantial parts of it. It'd be hell during the summer though, 30 degrees plus every day, and 90% humidity.... Aside from that I had fun there, its not all about Magnetic Island, but there isn't a whole lot to do outside of drink gamble and sweat in the town itself, but there is plenty within an hours drive of it, its a good base to jump off from and see some other awesome places in north QLD, if you do go, don't miss out on Crystal Creek on a hot day, bring a few tinnies for your tuckerbag :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 ccoons

thanks guys
    i was just wondering what it would be like for work, going back to oz soon and just wanted to no where is the best place for work and sponcership was thinking a small place like that would be better than a big city cuz im a plasterer still dono where obouts im going in oz yet, any sugestions? my head is recked trying to find somewhere. cheers guys

Advertisement