Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underwear for running

Options
  • 11-01-2012 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Since I upped the miles on my runs I'm getting chaffing
    where it hurts ! :eek:
    Any advise on what to buy and where?
    I'm using running tights at mo, should I just not wear
    underwear with these?
    I know its been warm of late, but i'm just to much of a wimp
    to switch to shorts...:pac:

Thanks, Mr.W.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Commando - you know you want to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

I was gonna suggest an awful lot of things but might get banned! :D....try vaseline...or bodyglide for the thighs

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

I've used Under Armour underwear, similar to these, since 2008 (not the same pair) I've had no chaffing issues, although I will use some bodyglide if I doing along run in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Hi,
    Since I upped the miles on my runs I'm getting chaffing
    where it hurts ! :eek:
    Any advise on what to buy and where?
    I'm using running tights at mo, should I just not wear
    underwear with these?
    I know its been warm of late, but i'm just to much of a wimp
    to switch to shorts...:pac:

Thanks, Mr.W.

You wear underwear underneath running tights? I think thats your problem right there..

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

+ 1 on the commando option with bodyglide on longer runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Shorts, commando, bodyglide on longer runs

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Git101 wrote: »
    I've used Under Armour underwear, similar to these, since 2008 (not the same pair) I've had no chaffing issues, although I will use some bodyglide if I doing along run in the rain.

+1 on the Under Armour, I wear these under running shorts as well as under tights. I find when going tights + commando in cold weather there isn't enough protection from wind chill in sensitive areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 walm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭dahat

walm wrote: »

Excellent spot,what are they like size wise?
    Is a medium a true fit or should i squeeze into small if getting them?
    They look cracking value....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 walm

They're a good fit. They can also be got with a longer leg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

dahat wrote: »
    Excellent spot,what are they like size wise?
    Is a medium a true fit or should i squeeze into small if getting them?
    They look cracking value....

Great tip Walm, I was in M&S Cork with the missus 2weeks ago, remembered your post and looked for them. No joy though. Did the typical man thing and walked out, with wifey bugging me to ask assistant for help..'No way love' i goes..showing her who's the boss:pac:
    Well, luckily she ignores me ( all of the time ) , and asks this nice cork chappie for help. he didn't have them but asked if I had the item code no.?
    Quick as flash, out come the old smart phone, logs onto A/R/T, shows him the link you had kindly put up, and a week later, I'm enjoying my first run in them.
    Comfy as hell and no chaffing in all the wrong spots:D
    (I'm a 32" waist and the medium are perfect though they say 33"-35".
    So thanks Walm....pints on me if you're down in Cork for a race.

P.s.here's the items in question...
    DSC00082.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jackswwagar

I think you have not heard about protective underwear which is very helpful for incontinence patients. It can also help you a lot in your chaffing problem because it dries out very soon.
    incontinence supplies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭griffin100

I think you have not heard about protective underwear which is very helpful for incontinence patients. It can also help you a lot in your chaffing problem because it dries out very soon.
    incontinence supplies

There's a few Ironmen here that could so with them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I wear these under my shorts or tights when running. They do the job well and no chaffing.

http://www.prodirectrunning.com/Products/Skins-Mens-Compression-CROM-Tight-Short-Black-Base-Layer-Clothing-2925.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a few pairs of Nike Dry-fit running gear. The shorts have pants sewed into them and provide great support.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

KTRIC wrote: »
    I have a few pairs of Nike Dry-fit running gear. The shorts have pants sewed into them and provide great support.
    Another biker that runs and wears nike 2 in 1 shorts:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Another biker that runs and wears nike 2 in 1 shorts:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Great minds think alike ;)

I don't run much these days after my left foot was crushed in a bike accident but I do a lot of other cardio / weights in the gym and I find these shorts invaluable.

Advertisement