Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Tac & Kahles 624i

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

I recently received the new Kahles 624i (6-24x56)scope to test. Kahles seems to be moving stongly into the tactical area. This particular scope has a new (pat pending) position for the parallax dial which is now fitted to the middle turret. I think the position is actually better than at the side as one has drop and parallax setting in one view when looking up. The parallax dial has soft clicks at 100/200/300/400/600/.....settings which can be felt in total darkness. This scope has 2.5m/100m adjustment on the up down turret which is done with less than two turns of the turret. A little red button pops up once one moves to the second turn so that one can't get lost. A small section of the centre crosshair is illuminated. The illumination can be cranked up quite high and can double as a daylight "dot".
    I zeroed the rifle today, two grub screws on each turret need to be opened and the turret can be turned to zero. Scope has brilliant optics and is one of the finest I have seen. My guess is that Kahles have optically surpassed the PMII range, compared to the 5-25x56 the 624i seems to have better field of view and less "tunnel view". I am not planning on doing a rough sniper style test on this scope but will take it out after some fox or deer.
    Not sure if I'll return this scope, suits my new rifle and stock.
    edi

etacr2.jpg

DSCN6400.jpg

DSCN6513.jpg

etacr4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

thats a masterful looking scope there
    curious to know what test ya have given it ,to let you believe that it has optically surpassed the PM11 range

what thickness is the scope tube?
    what kind of money we talking for that bit of kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

Looks lovely over your stock Edi. What kind of price range is that scope in. If you are talking pm11 money it will have to prove it's self. But if it was a bit more affordable it might be a great value scope. Is it as heavy as the pm11.

I look forward to hearing how it works out in the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Forgot to say, as far as I understand the 624i is not officially on the market yet and I have not heard of a price yet either.
    Why I think the Kahles surpasses the 5-25 optically? Well as far as I know the 5-25's field of view does not increase when dialled below 7 mag meaning the largest field of view is at ~7 mag...not at 5. I just think it is nicer to look through the Kahles as the 5-25 seems like looking through a straw...at least a bit. On a range it won't make any odds though.
    and no, I have not cut the scope tube to measure thickness. The 624i weighs 981 grams according to my scales, meaning fairly close to the 5-25.
    I presume Kahles had looked at the market and competition scopes well before designing the 624i, maybe improving some areas.
    Time will tell.
    edi

Advertisement