Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling my hair out!

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have tried everything to get a TP-Link wireless N router to to link up to my Eircom Zyxel modem, without success (something about WAN settings being wrong comes up at the end of the router's Easy Setup). I did manage to quickly get it up and running with the older Netopia modem but my iPad 2 wireless reception then dropped significantly - so that was not much use! During setup the router asks for my ISP's (in this case Eircom) username and password but I am not sure what to enter. Would really appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dhoun wrote: »
    I have tried everything to get a TP-Link wireless N router to to link up to my Eircom Zyxel modem, without success (something about WAN settings being wrong comes up at the end of the router's Easy Setup). I did manage to quickly get it up and running with the older Netopia modem but my iPad 2 wireless reception then dropped significantly - so that was not much use! During setup the router asks for my ISP's (in this case Eircom) username and password but I am not sure what to enter. Would really appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks.

What exactly are you looking for help on? What are you trying to do?

Eircom are most unlikely to support the TP link as generally isps will not support equipment that they do not supply (there is just too much of it out there)

If you add an additional router to the Zyxel then you will be duplication the routing functions and you will need to turn off the routing in either one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi dhoun,

eircom Technical Support can only provide you with our general connection settings. If you need to configure a router to connect to your existing Zyxel modem, you should be able to find plenty of help online (e.g: youtube, google, etc)

Here are the settings for eircom broadband :

Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

Obviously, it all depends on your local area network setup. Though if you're prompted to enter your ISP's username /password, the settings above may help. If there are any other settings we can help you with, just let us know.

Kind regards,
    Ant
    dhoun wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dhoun

Thanks for your replies. I had already followed all of the above procedures without success. Will explore other options ...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Teabreak

Anybody work this lots out? am in the same boat myself today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Teabreak,

Tonys previous post is the best information we can offer on this and If that does not help my best advice is to contact our technical support team on 1890260260 as they can offer further assistance.

Regards

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement