Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the CAO and HEI's cross reference ?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi does any one know if the CAO and HEI's cross reference ?

I am just thinking about repetition.............

Cheers...............Dj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

In what sense? All info you send to CAO as a mature applicant is forwarded to each college you are applying for. Unless you are applying to Trinity, Maynooth, Pont Maynooth or DCU where you send a dual application then the HEIs will get your data from CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

What I meant was do HEI's like Trinity, Maynooth, or DCU recieve your cao application ? ie. does the cao send it to them even though you also apply directly ?

Thanks p2

Dj..................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

What I meant was do HEI's like Trinity, Maynooth, or DCU recieve your cao application ? ie. does the cao send it to them even though you also apply directly ?

Thanks p2

Dj..................

To my knowledge yes they do so its a good idea to have same/similar data on both. It's a bit of a weird one having to send both sets of applications but I think the rationale from the HEI's perspective is they can get significantly more detail from their own application than is possible to get from the CAO application. But in terms of managing the allocation of places it makes sense for them to use the CAO structures. I'm far from expert on it though. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Nice 1 your a star...........

Advertisement