Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane flying over Crosserlough

• 12-01-2012 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Was out cycling yesterday in Crosserlough. There was a small low flying twin engined plane making repeated sweeps over the area. It had a pole projecting out of the nose, with some kind of bulb at the front of the pole. Anyone have any idea what it was at.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

clonmahon wrote: »
    Was out cycling yesterday in Crosserlough. There was a small low flying twin engined plane making repeated sweeps over the area. It had a pole projecting out of the nose, with some kind of bulb at the front of the pole. Anyone have any idea what it was at.

probably the EU looking for unlawful sceptic tanks!

government looking for houses to nail for tax.

google taking aerial photographs.

aliens in disguise...

pick one! but i wouldn't be surprised if it was OSI. They're due an update soon i reckon.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,646986,791435,4,3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

Prob the border counties TELLUS geological which is ongoing since autumn. Google it to find out more. It is an air and ground survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭clonmahon

Alidee wrote: »
    Prob the border counties TELLUS geological which is ongoing since autumn. Google it to find out more. It is an air and ground survey.

Thanks Alidee that's it. A photo of the plane and all
    http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/gsl/pid/5775;jsessionid=66BBD64CF05A5E17AE5C71AAEA15FC46

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

probably the EU looking for unlawful sceptic tanks!

government looking for houses to nail for tax.

google taking aerial photographs.

aliens in disguise...

pick one! but i wouldn't be surprised if it was OSI. They're due an update soon i reckon.

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,646986,791435,4,3

I was going to say they same thing :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

clonmahon wrote: »
    I'm almost sure that is the same plane I saw a few months back flying extremely low between Shercock and Bailieborough, I thought it was very odd because there are a number of wind turbines near that area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Were all the locals standing with their mouths open and the their tongues hanging out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

cournioni wrote: »
    I'm almost sure that is the same plane I saw a few months back flying extremely low between Shercock and Bailieborough, I thought it was very odd because there are a number of wind turbines near that area.
    Yes we live there and they stayed well clear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Alidee wrote: »
    Thats right, more on the Tellus Border project here

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Looking for somewhere else to frack :pac:.........

and of course "theirs gold in them their hills" dollor bills ya'll....

Advertisement