Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second WHV query

Options
  • 12-01-2012 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, I really hope this isn't a stupid question/ hasn't been asked a thousand times already but I have been searching for a similar thread (as well as on google etc) but no such luck.
    I went to Australia on a working holiday visa, stayed 7 months, did my 88 days farming and got my papers signed by the farmers. I had to come home in May 2011. My first year visa ran out in September 2011. At the time I was sure I could use my second year at a later stage, a few years down the track, but now I don't know.

Can I now send off my forms for the second year visa or does it HAVE to be used straight after the first year visa i.e. extending the stay?

I'm slightly confused about this and can't seem to get any clarification on it- even the government website isn't very clear on this. It's mainly because I don't know anyone who has done this and I haven't heard of anyone who has done it.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Just send it off, if its refused then you will know.

I have never heard anyone say they had to do it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

No, you don't need to do it straight away.
    Currently once you stay within in the rules of the visa (i.e. age etc) then you can hold off.

I have heard people waiting 3+ years and coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 45 moses23

hussey wrote: »
    No, you don't need to do it straight away.
    Currently once you stay within in the rules of the visa (i.e. age etc) then you can hold off.

I have heard people waiting 3+ years and coming back

Thanks a million hussey! Woo!

Advertisement