Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocknacarra to Briarhill

Options
  • 12-01-2012 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm starting a new job on Monday morning in Briarhill, just beside the shopping centre and have no idea how long it might take to get over there. I'm living in Knocknacarra, beside Joyces, so any ideas of what time I would need to leave to get over there for quarter to 9 and also ideas on the best route to avoid traffic would be hugely appreciated.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Jogging? Driving? Private helicopter?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭JTC83

JustMary wrote: »
    Jogging? Driving? Private helicopter?

:)

I wish I was fit enough to jog or rich enough to have a private helicopter...maybe some day! Nope, I'll be driving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

By Bicycle...or else you will be hounded to death by Galway Car Nazis.

Aim to get there at 8:15 and the traffic is eminently tolerable. Aim to get there at 8:45 and feck knows what you get stuck in. There is a Spar here, aim to have a coffee when you get there before you go to work. :D

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    By Bicycle...or else you will be hounded to death by Galway Car Nazis.

Aim to get there at 8:15 and the traffic is eminently tolerable. Aim to get there at 8:45 and feck knows what you get stuck in. There is a Spar here, aim to have a coffee when you get there before you go to work. :D

Oh God! Looks like i'm going to have to learn to love early mornings so! Thanks for that, I was thinking I'd be safe enough leaving at 8, obviously not :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

8 will normally be OK, you can make excuses about traffic once you settle in.

Wait till you see the mess every evening once the Headford Road roundabout is dug up :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭factual lies

I would have guessed about a 45min journey but I haven't had to do that run in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Are you renting? I'd move to east galway if I was you as I assume the job is 9-5. Traffic will drive you mental both ways

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I come in at 8.15 some days and it honestly isn't that bad. A half hour maybe.

When I come in for 7.30 though it takes 15 minutes.

Yeah, am renting. May have to consider a move alright. Thanks for all the advice everyone, think I'm gonna have to just go really early at first and if it works out that I'm there too early, can go a few minutes later til I figure it out properly. Great to have an idea of what the story is though.
    Cheers everyone :)

Advertisement