Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two LC exams on at the same time

• 12-01-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

OK so I'm doing both Irish and Russian for my Leaving Cert and as you may know Russian and Irish Paper 2 are on at the same time on the same day.

What will happen as regards me doing the two exams?

I haven't heard of anyone else being in the same situation as my case is very rare... I have asked the principal and he doesnt know either yet. I was just curious to what the procedure is in these cases.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

The only thing I can imagine happening is that you'll sit either the Irish/Russian paper then and there, be given a supervised break, and then sit the remaining paper that same day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Leeg17 wrote: »
    The only thing I can imagine happening is that you'll sit either the Irish/Russian paper then and there, be given a supervised break, and then sit the remaining paper that same day.

This, or possibly start one exam earlier - it depends on what the 'Reasonable Accommodations' section decides.
    It's a relatively common occurrence where a candidate is scheduled for two exams at the same time.
    Similar arrangements can be made where someone must attend a funeral. There are very few unusual situations that the SEC has not dealt with before.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

There was a girl in my school in the yera ahead of me that had the exact same problem. She rang up the SEC and tehy arranged for her to do her Russain exam that morning at the time noted on the timetable, then a supervisor followed her for the 2 hour braek to make sure she didnt get any questions of anyone else and she did the irish that evening. Your principal should be able to sort it out pretty quickly with the SEC

Advertisement