Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Catholic Church Ate My Hamsters!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    In the mean time - what was posted in answer to a specific comment is beginning to drag us off topic and now we may never find out what happened the hamster. ;)

Maybe they ran out of white horses :eek: he didn't say what happened before they ate it!

ps OP good post thought the same myself manytimes when reading AH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Maybe they ran out of white horses :eek: he didn't say what happened before they ate it!

ps OP good post thought the same myself manytimes when reading AH

But you are getting the abusers mixed up.

Gerald of Wales (a cleric) alleged that in 12th century Donegal (Tyrconnell) Gaelic chieftains got up to dodgy doing involving a white horse as part of their inauguration (so much for all Ireland being Christian). Some evidence to suggest this may be true. BTW - anyone surnamed O'Donnell -hang your heads in shame you white horse abusers!

Now we have an allegation involving the consumption of hamsters by 'the Catholic church' we are still awaiting confirmation.

In one case the clergy are making the accusation - in the other they are being accused. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

humanji wrote: »
    Can the church keep to itself too? I don't need to be woken up by the Angelus on Sundays. I've a bit of a feeling that Catholics know what time mass is on at.

I think the bell is a Pavlov's Dog type thing.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Seachmall wrote: »
    I think the bell is a Pavlov's Dog type thing.

:pac:

Woof. Bark. Beg. Obey. Good Dog!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Woof. Bark. Beg. Obey. Good Dog!;)

Sit!... Kneel!... Speak!... Shake Hands!... Beg!...

F*ck... It is a lot like training a dog :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Church law may have been more centralised and systematic then Brehon law but it also had no impact in Ireland and Brehon Law continued to be used until the Tudor period!!!!!!

One, two, three, four, five, oh my; six exclamation points. I must have offended you.

The point is not that Christian law replaced Brehon Law.

Early Irish Christianity, helped formalise Brehon law, and well as contributing to its matter in a substantive way. I have already given an example of this in my post.

Advertisement