Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini render node build

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Actually, I was just thinking about this again. I remember reading that Seasonic, the maker of this Antec PSU, usually passes on revisions onto the manufacturers that rebrand them (e.g., Antec, Corsair, XFX). This is most likely built on their S12II PSU, the current edition which has the bronze rating.
    The Neo Eco is an older brand (although not usually available around Europe) and Antec might not bother getting it recertified. I think it is quite likely that this is the same PSU as Antec's HCG series (also available in 520W & 620W) - less the cables and an alternative shell. Having two brands with different ratings separates the markets which could help them make more money. Scan might be well aware of this and that's their reason for listing it as bronze despite it not being labelled as so.

I found a review which kind of backs up what I'm saying.
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cases/display/psu-600w-850w_6.html

Advertisement