Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trooms

• 12-01-2012 4:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Is trooms re-opening or whats the craic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Depp wrote: »
    Is trooms re-opening or whats the craic?

doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

severely doubt it. they went bust without paying much (if anything) in the way of redundancies to their staff... you don't easily come back from being burnt like that do you>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Unfortunately I think Trooms as it was is dead. Too much bad publicity over the past six months or more.

Real shame, so many good nights there last year. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Saw new cameras being fitted there just before Christmas so I have no idea what the craic is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It could easily open under new management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

In a word? Unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭James McNulty

Jesus, I hope it re-opens...had sum great nights there and if it gets a crowd, it is a great night. Heard the owners had problems with the derelict site next door. :confused:

Jesus, I hope it re-opens...had sum great nights there and if it gets a crowd, it is a great night. Heard the owners had problems with the derelict site next door. :confused:

There were rumours that they were closed down because of a rat infestation, but there were others saying they had troubles with the revenue over tax and stuff. All rumours of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    There were rumours that they were closed down because of a rat infestation, but there were others saying they had troubles with the revenue over tax and stuff. All rumours of course.

In fairness ,I think the latter is a far more credible explanation...

In fairness ,I think the latter is a far more credible explanation...

True. But I don't know for sure either way, so said I'd better put both down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Any word peeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DollyD

I tink it's reopening ina few weeks been called the orchard I saw there fb page yesterday

Yeah, it's being renamed The Orchard. Facebook page here.

They're currently looking for staff - security, floor staff, bar manager, DJ's, bands, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

From what I can tell of "The Orchard" it will only be the outside bar thats re-opening. They have themselves down as a "Late Bar" and as some of you will know (and to the best of my knowledge anyway), Trooms was technically 2 seperate places, the outside was a late bar and the inside was a nightclub. This would mean that the inside won't be opening as they need a different license for it.

That is unless they have decided to turn the inside into a bar as well, which will make it similar to Molly's. And from what I know late bars can't charge in, hence why Molly's is always free.

BroLo wrote: »
    From what I can tell of "The Orchard" it will only be the outside bar thats re-opening. They have themselves down as a "Late Bar" and as some of you will know (and to the best of my knowledge anyway), Trooms was technically 2 seperate places, the outside was a late bar and the inside was a nightclub. This would mean that the inside won't be opening as they need a different license for it.

That is unless they have decided to turn the inside into a bar as well, which will make it similar to Molly's. And from what I know late bars can't charge in, hence why Molly's is always free.

From what I've heard, the chances of the inside opening in the near future are very remote. Place was entirely gutted when the last crowd left.

I reckon if The Orchard goes well that they might invest in reopening the night club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Mollies is free before about 11 o clock and then they start charging €3.. Costellos charge a different price every night of the week too ranging from €2-€5

It looks like they'll only be opening the part you mentioned for now anyway. People are saying there's nearly 2 years of work to get the club part of it to a operable state

I've gone into Molly's after 11 and never been charged.

Also Costello's has a nightclub upstairs, which is why they can charge in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I've gone into Molly's after 11 and never been charged.

Also Costello's has a nightclub upstairs, which is why they can charge in.

They dont charge every night, it seems to depend on the crowd but yes they do definitely charge on nights after a certain time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

garv123 wrote: »
    They dont charge every night, it seems to depend on the crowd but yes they do definitely charge on nights after a certain time.

Molly's usually just charge on busy nights, e.g. Freshers weeks, RAG weeks, Stephen's night, NYE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Every night I've gone to Molly's except at the start of the first semester, we were charged a fiver...

• Advertisement

Sounds like you got a **** of a bouncer :P I never get charged when I go there, regularly throughout the semesters.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Sounds like you got a **** of a bouncer :P I never get charged when I go there, regularly throughout the semesters.

Nothing to do with bouncers :confused::confused: You must not have gone there that often if you have never seen someone sitting inside the door with a cashbox charging in.

cup of tea wrote: »
    Nothing to do with bouncers :confused::confused: You must not have gone there that often if you have never seen someone sitting inside the door with a cashbox charging in.

I usually go there at least once a week, usually after 12. Never seen anyone sitting inside the door with a cashbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

it became more and more frequent to charge last year when it was really busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

cup of tea wrote: »

I usually go there at least once a week, usually after 12. Never seen anyone sitting inside the door with a cashbox.

It happens during student nights during big weeks like Freshers and RAG weeks, and on big nights out like Halloween and New Years. It's usually free in though and I've only been charged in <10 times of the many many times I've been there since 6th year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

The Orchard will only have one student night a week, the rest of the time it's over 23s.

Advertisement