Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes - how to make an album from various songs

• 12-01-2012 5:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

I have a few songs that I want to be on the one album on my iphone.

Is it possible to create an album and just move all the songs into it so that they are under the one album on my iphone instead of being all over the place?

There's that question and here's another (similar) question:

I downloaded an album but when I moved the album into itunes, itunes separated it into 4 or 5 smaller albums (e.g. 1 album, 3 songs; 1 album 2 songs etc) instead of one album of 20 songs.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Why not make a playlist out of the songs you like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Make a playlist would be one way.
    Alternatively you can select all the songs you want (ctrl+click to select multiple songs) and then right click and click 'get info'. Here you can edit the different fields such as album name.

It's handy when you have a compilation or soundtrack done by various artists, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

tallus wrote: »
    Why not make a playlist out of the songs you like ?

Hey Tallus, thanks for the reply.

You see, I usually view my music in the category of artists. But if I did a playlist, all the artists and songs from my constructed album would be separated and clouding up my view of what music I have, if you get me. That's if I want to get a few songs from different albums together into one.

However my question is more relevant to the second issue. I have an album, that came as an album with various artists on it. However, for some reason, they split up when I move the album to itunes. It's an official album, not a self-made compilation.

So I'd like that album to appear as a proper album in my album list. If you get me.
    Danbo! wrote: »
    Make a playlist would be one way.
    Alternatively you can select all the songs you want (ctrl+click to select multiple songs) and then right click and click 'get info'. Here you can edit the different fields such as album name.

It's handy when you have a compilation or soundtrack done by various artists, etc.

Cool I'll try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Compilations usually get put in to a compilations folder. Check that.

Advertisement