Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Us marines urinate on dead taliban

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Sindri wrote: »
    It's very simple. The American Army has to be held to a higher standard. It's the American Army, the one we all complain about, with its quasi imperialist agenda, but still it's the one we call when we need help.

And these scum bags, feeling this is appropriate, is disconcerting. They're at war, well done, but behaviour like this is dangerous in an army because of what it may be indicative of.

And, hence, what may happen to (innocent) Afghan civilians. (that hasn't already happened).

We? WE?! LMFAO!!! When the fcuk have you ever asked the American army for help? (In b4 WWII nonsense etc) Can they do anything about the IMF then?

When I'm in trouble I call the Batman.........

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭AEDIC

Wow...7 pages of posts (although most of that is handbags) and not one mention that the Video has not been verified as genuine. Personally I would prefer to wait for confirmation of the evidence before I sentence and condemn but hey thats just me. ;)

If, the video is confirmed as authentic and it is actually US Marine Corp taking part in what appears to be happening then they should be ashamed of themselves and will be accountable for their actions.

If..... sheesh I hope some of you never get on a Jury panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dipper.meath16

Im not condoning pissing on the dead, but The Taliban deserve everything they get, they are terriosts! The torture captives, on live video feeds, rape, use IEDs, enlist innocent childeren n strap them with bombs! watch ross kemp in afganistan, the stuff on that is horrible! they dont care about British/American forces so why should the Brits/Americans care about them??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gwMb2fEooQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

MajorMax wrote: »
    I cannot endorse the actions of these 4 young Marines as I don't think that they went far enough. This is PC gone mad, you can kill them in the most violent possible way but you can't mess with them once they're dead. These are Marines what did you expect to happen?

Anyone killed carrying arms against coalition forces should be killed without mercy regardless of sex or age, their head should be put on spikes outside the gates of the Marines bases, their bodies thrown in a charnel pit and allowed to rot or be eaten by dogs. Anyone identified as aiding or sheltering should have their homes destroyed and they should be thrown out on the street
    The closest relation of the dead should then be arrested and their right hand cut off. If you are a suicide bomber all your immediate relations should have their right hand cut off live on TV. I guarantee you a sharp drop in volunteers

Like it or not this is not a war it is a Crusade, Christian against Muslim. We need to stamp out the infestation of religious fundamentalism by the most brutal of means. We need to meet atrocity with atrocity

Mutilation and desecration of your enemies dead has always been part of War. In 1943 in response to public outcry denouncing recently published pictures of American tanks being mounted with Japanese sculls, LIFE magazine editors stated
    "war is unpleasant, cruel, and inhuman. And it is more dangerous to forget this than to be shocked by reminders."
    This still applies today

Welcome to the world of 'Reavers' with Majormax as their PR spokesperson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Pissmire

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lol!! I think i'd be a bit more preoccupied with that fact that my kid is missing the back of his head!

So if some necrophiliac had a good time with one of yours in the morgue you'd be more upset by the cause of death? Yeah right.

Or maybe I'm wrong and you have a sliding scale of wrongness? Maybe urinating on dead Taliban at the lower end and rogering your dead relatives at the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,259 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pissmire wrote: »
    Or maybe I'm wrong and you have a sliding scale of wrongness?

Of course there's a sliding scale of wrongness. You don't have to be a genius to work that out.

Telling a white lie? Wrong!

Throwing acid into a baby's eyes? Worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

old_aussie wrote: »
    Like the taliban treat dead people with respect?

Oh that's right, the taliban get their kicks filming civilians getting their throats slit.

Pearl was beheaded by the taliban. On May 16 his severed head and decomposed body were found cut into ten pieces, and buried—along with the jacket of a tracksuit Pearl was wearing when photographed by his kidnappers—in a shallow grave.

What you seem to be saying is that it's OK for the Americans to behave the way you say the Taliban do? But I thought the apologists for the Great Satan claim they are there to civilise those Muslim savages, or something. :rolleyes:

What's the difference between them then, and why are the Americans in the Talibans' country? Scum who will urinate on dead bodies are beyond sick and any army that contains them should cleanse itself of such corrupting elements at once or else it will become just as through-and-through rotten and corrupt as they are.

The Taliban do not fear death, and actions like this barbarous ritual desecration will only stiffen their resolve to rid their country of the Americans and their foreign allies and local katyrs.:)

Millions and millions of Muslims around the world will see this video, and I suppose you will be "shocked" and "surprised" when many of them dance in the streets the next time someone finds another chink in the monolith's armour and the USA gets another bloody nose like 9/11.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Taliban recruitment offices must be crammed this morning...

Yeah, they all want to get on the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

deisedave wrote: »
    By taking a leak on the bodies it is making the US soldiers just as bad if not worse than the guys they say are "evil". I understand that you have to kill over there but you are not suppose to enjoy killing and humiliate the dead bodies.

you haven't got it yet? who is the biggest evil in the modern age? who has been involved in almost every major war since WWI?

see the common denominater yet?

who spends more dollars on ways to kill people than they do on ways to feed people?

now you tell me who the terrorists are?

• Advertisement

Well, in reply to some threads here, i know if i was being shot at by someone who is not afraid to die, id be happy to shoot the f**k! sorry for the vids!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGwy0EqW6oc&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

I feel like pissing on this thread :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This is appalling, and these same idiots want to take on Iran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This is appalling, and these same idiots want to take on Iran.

What's appalling about it? Quite a fitting end for the bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Maybe the bodies were on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

DarkJager wrote: »
    What's appalling about it?

Well more than 2 shakes and you're playing with yourself. I'm pretty sure there was more than 2 shakes by a couple of the soldiers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Well, in reply to some threads here, i know if i was being shot at by someone who is not afraid to die, id be happy to shoot the f**k! sorry for the vids!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGwy0EqW6oc&feature=related

If someone is shooting at you, then you shoot to kill but once the enemy is terminated you don't piss on the body, the western world portrays the afghans as animals yet they are acting the same way.

There was a video last week where US soldiers were making dogs walk over mines and blow up for amusement the boys were laughing and joking at this. I am Irish so obviously I support the western world but there is some sick puppies in the Us army.

There was a video last week where US soldiers were making dogs walk over mines and blow up for amusement the boys were laughing and joking at this. I am Irish so obviously I support the western world but there is some sick puppies in the Us army.

Not any more!

What's appalling about it? Quite a fitting end for the bastards.
    I hope they sh*t on yank dead bodies in retaliation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I hope the Taliban sh*t on yank dead bodies in retaliation.

Are you for real? Sympathising with the ****ing Taliban? You must enjoy watching them carving through some innocent persons neck on camera. They are human **** and deserve everything they get, no sympathy for the alive and no sympathy or care for what happens their corpses in death.

Are you for real? Sympathising with the ****ing Taliban? You must enjoy watching them carving through some innocent persons neck on camera. They are human **** and deserve everything they get, no sympathy for the alive and no sympathy or care for what happens their corpses in death.

Its not about what the taliban want its the fact that this video will be a good recruitment tool for the taliban to lure stupid kids and teenagers to join them, what do you not understand about that.

Yes the taliban are wrong and they kill innocent people but this video is just going to make them bigger. jesh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Taliban are worthless as human beings and shouldn't even be categorised as part of this race.

As per the filipinos, the japs, the krauts, the gooks, the towel heads and whoever else the bould americans happen to be at odds with.

recruitment tool for the taliban to lure stupid kids and teenagers to join them

Operative word here... If they can't see what they're joining up for then forget it.

I feel the same way about any soldier too though.

If someone is shooting at you, then you shoot to kill but once the enemy is terminated you don't piss on the body, the western world portrays the afghans as animals yet they are acting the same way.

There is sick in every walk of life! As I said earlier I don’t condone pissing on the dead, but they are awful scum, and when hatred n adrenalin are flowing the soldiers may think f**k the dirty bas**rds! They use the dogs in sniffing IEDs the whole time, better a dog than a human (I love dogs but hopefully you see my point)! They are trained like sniffers and usually bark n set where an IED is so bomb disposal can make them safe! I think IED is the most horrible trait of the Taliban, its dirty fighting! They rarely kill a soldier but leave them dismembered for life!

There is sick in every walk of life! As I said earlier I don’t condone pissing on the dead, but they are awful scum, and when hatred n adrenalin are flowing the soldiers may think f**k the dirty bas**rds! They use the dogs in sniffing IEDs the whole time, better a dog than a human (I love dogs but hopefully you see my point)! They are trained like sniffers and usually bark n set where an IED is so bomb disposal can make them safe! I think IED is the most horrible trait of the Taliban, its dirty fighting! They rarely kill a soldier but leave them dismembered for life!

No the dog wasnt sniffing IED's they were specifically killing these dogs for fun they were sitting laughing and joking about it. The US army has had numerous videos leaked of them torturing animals but I think this is just a side effect of them being messed up from to much war.

http://disturbingnews.wordpress.com/2012/01/02/video-shows-dog-blown-up-by-ied-u-s-soldiers-laughing/

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    As per the filipinos, the japs, the krauts, the gooks, the towel heads and whoever else the bould americans happen to be at odds with.

Bit of a stupid post in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

I saw a video of the taliban cutting off an elderly mans head. I cant recall the poor chaps name. English chap think he had a philipino wife he was about 60
    I had never seen such a video before and i LITERALLY shook and walked away from the computer. That man never harmed anyone
    The Taliban are sub human in every way, Piss on them all yas want lads. I would do much bloody worse im afraid to say !!!!!!!!!!!!

No the dog wasnt sniffing IED's they were specifically killing these dogs for fun they were sitting laughing and joking about it. The US army has had numerous videos leaked of them torturing animals but I think this is just a side effect of them being messed up from to much war.

http://disturbingnews.wordpress.com/2012/01/02/video-shows-dog-blown-up-by-ied-u-s-soldiers-laughing/

Iv heard of it before.. I wasn't disagreeing with you, mearly stating that dogs to are used in war. The US army should be ashamed of themselves, lets face it they go to war for the craic! they seem to get involved in everything! but lets not tar everyone with the one brush, i dont think i could do their job..

Bit of a stupid post in fairness

So you're contending that the americans don't have a funny habit of dehumanising whoever they happen to be at war with? Thats a bit stupid "in fairness" :)

ronan45 wrote: »
    I saw a video of the taliban cutting off an elderly mans head. I cant recall the poor chaps name. English chap think he had a philipino wife he was about 60
    I had never seen such a video before and i LITERALLY shook and walked away from the computer. That man never harmed anyone
    The Taliban are sub human in every way, Piss on them all yas want lads. I would do much bloody worse im afraid to say !!!!!!!!!!!!
    It takes two to tango, we have also seen equally gross conduct of American soldier right down through the years since WW2, much of it exposed on tape.

• Advertisement

Lads, nobody is right in how they treat their 'enemies' here. Both sides are dogs, some more so than others.

So you're contending that the americans don't have a funny habit of dehumanising whoever they happen to be at war with? Thats a bit stupid "in fairness" :)

I never said that.

But what you're trying to say is that despite the facts speaking for themselves and us having plenty of uncontaminated information on what the Taliban are actually about (we DO live in the age of the Internet), the only reason they are seen as pr*cks is because the US are at war with them.

Again, bit of a stupid post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

It takes two to tango, we have also seen equally gross conduct of American soldier right down through the years since WW2, much of it exposed on tape.

Ok Type into google Taliban beheading, there are hundreads of videos

I tried to find a video of american troops beheading people but cant............strange that...
    what gross conduct? Piling them on top of each other? taking pics of them standing on a bucket with a cape over them. Merely fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I haven't seen the video yet so I'm just wondering whether it's fake/staged or not? Regardless, I pretty much couldn't give a shít, because getting píssed on certainly beats having your head hacked off imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pissing on them was wrong, (leaving aside the whole shooting them dead point :pac:), doesn't exactly paint a great picture for public opinion and certainly not something the Marine Corps want representing them...........though you can imagine plenty of people cheering this act.

I have nothing but hatred for the Taliban, because of their actions, not because of Americans fighting them. Those soldiers really should know better than to do this and post it up on the web. They shouldn't lower themselves closer to the Taliban's level of disrespect but such is the effect of war and all that.

It's not like this is the 1st war a group of misfit soldiers on any given side did something wrong like this. In fact, some soldiers have done far more horrific things during this war such as the American troops who killed a family and gang-raped the 14-year-old daughter.

I never said that.

But what you're trying to say is that despite the facts speaking for themselves and us having plenty of uncontaminated information on what the Taliban are actually about (we DO live in the age of the Internet), the only reason they are seen as pr*cks is because the US are at war with them.

Again, bit of a stupid post!

It is the only reason you see them as p**cks me old flower. Back when the USA were funding them to carve the head's offa russians there wasn't a pip out your ilk about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,444 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

ronan45 wrote: »
    Ok Type into google Taliban beheading, there are hundreads of videos

I tried to find a video of american troops beheading people but cant............strange that...
    what gross conduct? Piling them on top of each other? taking pics of them standing on a bucket with a cape over them. Merely fun

Are you seriously trying to advocate pissing on dead bodies because they belong to a group to who done beheadings?

It is the only reason you see them as p**cks me old flower. Back when the USA were funding them to carve the head's offa russians there wasn't a pip out your ilk about that.

Another stupid post. You're racking them up now "me old flower" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Are you seriously trying to advocate pissing on dead bodies because they belong to a group to who done beheadings?

If you belong to a group which carries out beheadings, most people couldn't care less if your dead body gets pissed on afterwards.

I'm not advocating pissing on dead bodies here but i've got a little hypothetical if you'll indulge me?

If there was an Irish dude who was part of a massive paedophile ring and was actively taking part in... what they take part in, would you be annoyed if after her was killed in an altercation where he was also trying to kill the other person, the guy pissed on him afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The Taliban have done a mighty fine job of having people hate and fear them without America's help.

There's an endless amount of videos, audio, pictures, and stories of their antics down in Afghanistan, for one country. I lived with and worked with people from Afghanistan who pretty much backed up mine & others reasons to hate them for their behaviour from what we see from their stuff on the web.

For feck sake, the majority of the stuff is released from themselves to spread as propaganda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

To survive mentally over there you have to cultivate an attitude of hate twords your enemy, the corps knows this and promotes it. It gives you strength to carry on and focus on something other than the constant threat of unexpected death.

You cant ask someone to hate their enemy, to fight in a forigen land far from their loved ones , to hold on to and learn to use that hate to survive ... then be shocked when they cross lines with that hate.

What they did wasnt right but I can see as to where their mentality was from. No doubt the soldiers in question will be dealth with by their CO.

Still, its very hard to feel empathy twords any taiban fighter though. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

the taliban are dead???

OH SAY CAN YOU SEE BY THE DAWNS EARLY LIGHT!

*wipes tear away*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Seems like most people are excusing the american soldiers actions because they deem the talibans actions to be much worse. Would your opinion of the soldiers be different if they were urinating on dead bodies elsewhere or in different circumstances? What about a homeless man who has passed away in the night, would it be ok to urinate on him?

Tbh i don't think its ever ok to urinate on a dead body or to humilate it in any way. I think its disgusting and says a lot about the american soldiers themselves nevermind how this behaviour contributes to the volatile situation there.

If i saw a video of irish soldiers urinating on dead bodies i'd be mortified, i wonder how the americans themselves feel about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Pretty disgusting behaviour if its real. Yes, I know some people are talking about how horrible the Taliban are etc, which is true, but there is no justification for this kind of thing.

It will also back fire, and may even cause the deaths of there fellow soldiers, as it will be used to recruit for the Taliban, on that basis alone, these guys should be kicked out of the army.

Also, when you claim to be better than the other guy, doing stuff like this makes it ring rather hollow. People need to remember, that the West has carried out various acts of torture and murder itself in recent years, one famous example being the following:

Taxi to the Dark Side

Also, being better than the Taliban isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of your own side, as being better than them isn't exactly any kind of achievement. Being better than some of the worse scum there is not something to shout about imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

slowmoe wrote: »
    Seems like most people are excusing the american soldiers actions because they deem the talibans actions to be much worse. Would your opinion of the soldiers be different if they were urinating on dead bodies elsewhere or in different circumstances? What about a homeless man who has passed away in the night, would it be ok to urinate on him?

eh - no, but they didn't piss on a homeless man that had passed away in the night did they?

What kind of an argument is that to try to construct?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

Tbh i don't think its ever ok to urinate on a dead body or to humilate it in any way. I think its disgusting and says a lot about the american soldiers themselves nevermind how this behaviour contributes to the volatile situation there.

If i saw a video of irish soldiers urinating on dead bodies i'd be mortified, i wonder how the americans themselves feel about this?
    Do you think they're hollering, whooping and high-fiving about it?

Some of them will be disgusted by it, some will be indifferent to it and others will think it's justified.

You know, with people being different and all..

The two soldiers who tortured those prisoners back in '06 or so were court-martialed and sentenced to 6 and 10 years in prison.

They don't take this stuff lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

They should treat the dead with some respect . I don't care if they were Taliban or anything else they paid the ultimate sacrifice for their beliefs . To do that to them was wrong

hightower1 wrote: »
    To survive mentally over there you have to cultivate an attitude of hate twords your enemy, the corps knows this and promotes it. It gives you strength to carry on and focus on something other than the constant threat of unexpected death.

You cant ask someone to hate their enemy, to fight in a forigen land far from their loved ones , to hold on to and learn to use that hate to survive ... then be shocked when they cross lines with that hate.

What they did wasnt right but I can see as to where their mentality was from. No doubt the soldiers in question will be dealth with by their CO.

Still, its very hard to feel empathy twords any taiban fighter though. :o

As I said numerous times no one is feeling sorry for the taliban but this video will know be used as a recruitment video to get new youngsters in to fight the "cause" and American soldiers gave them that ammo. Soldiers have died to try and make Afghan a better place and these dumbasses mess that up by straining relations further with this video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

+1

Pissing on people, dead or alive is just wrong

Advertisement