Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry skin

• 12-01-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I'm getting married in a couple of months and and looking for a way
    to get rid of dry skin on my face.
    My skin is always flacky and ichy on my face (my head also)
    Have used things like "nivia" and "vasaline" but they don't seem
    to work.
    Any ideas guys and girls ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I really like the Liz Earle skin care range. <a href="http://ie.lizearle.com/cleanse-shave-moisturise.html&quot; target="_blank">http://ie.lizearle.com/cleanse-shave-moisturise.html</a><br />
    I use the normal hot cloth cleanser, its really gentle and mildly exfoliates. <br />
    Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream is great for dry patches too, put it on dry areas at night and they are (usually) gone by morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Whats your skincare regime? Are you sure you're not suffering from mild eczema or psoriasis?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

slowmoe wrote: »
    Whats your skincare regime? Are you sure you're not suffering from mild eczema or psoriasis?

As for skincare regime I just use nivea maybe once a day.
    Don't think it's psoriasis,could be eczema.I had Dermatitis on my hands
    for a few years.Maybe it's something to do with that.
    Would a pharmacist know?

I really like the Luxury Earle skin care range. http://ie.lizearle.com/cleanse-shave-moisturise.html
    I use the normal hot cloth cleanser, its really gentle and mildly exfoliates.
    Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream is great for dry patches too, put it on dry areas at night and they are (usually) gone by morning.

Thanks.Will look into it.

If you have dry skin you should get an exfoliator that agrees with your skin. This will improve the condition of your skin by buffing away the drier flakey skin cells and revealing the 'fresher' more radiant skin underneath. I have dry combo sensitive skin, so i know a lot of products are hit and miss. I'd suggest googling recommendations and going into a beauty hall with a few sample pots (you can get them in pennys or boots), tialling out what you get at home and make a list of what you do or don't like about the products. Pop back in and see if there is a better fit for the things you don't like.

Your skin could also be dehydrated as well as dry so try drinking extra water etc and you could see an improvement.

My skin used to be a disaster of face dandruff and spots on nose and around mouth and blackheads on my nose but i've finally gotten it under control. I can give you a list of what i use if you want, maybe it will give you a place to start from with samples.

Are you getting a make up artist or doing you own make up? Because if you already have a make up artist and they've seen your skin maybe they could offer more advice? Good luck, i know it must be upsetting coming up to your wedding but you have loads of time for things to improve x

• Advertisement

slowmoe wrote: »
    If you have dry skin you should get an exfoliator that agrees with your skin. This will improve the condition of your skin by buffing away the drier flakey skin cells and revealing the 'fresher' more radiant skin underneath. I have dry combo sensitive skin, so i know a lot of products are hit and miss. I'd suggest googling recommendations and going into a beauty hall with a few sample pots (you can get them in pennys or boots), tialling out what you get at home and make a list of what you do or don't like about the products. Pop back in and see if there is a better fit for the things you don't like.

Your skin could also be dehydrated as well as dry so try drinking extra water etc and you could see an improvement.

My skin used to be a disaster of face dandruff and spots on nose and around mouth and blackheads on my nose but i've finally gotten it under control. I can give you a list of what i use if you want, maybe it will give you a place to start from with samples.

Are you getting a make up artist or doing you own make up? Because if you already have a make up artist and they've seen your skin maybe they could offer more advice? Good luck, i know it must be upsetting coming up to your wedding but you have loads of time for things to improve x

Thanks for your reply.I have exactly what you mentioned "face dandruff and blackheads on my nose"
    If you could give me a list of what you used it would be a great start.
    As for make up.I'm a guy so I don't think I'II be going down that road.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭NomadicMe

You could try getting a few facials to get your skin the TLC it needs?

If it is eczema, you will potentially need stronger things- I would not recommend Elizabeth Arden for the face though- I think its excellent for lips and cracked heels (I am addicted to it) but too greasy for anywhere else.

Also, drinking more water should help too.

tony231974 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.I have exactly what you mentioned "face dandruff and blackheads on my nose"
    If you could give me a list of what you used it would be a great start.
    As for make up.I'm a guy so I don't think I'II be going down that road.:D

lol-sorry!!!! Well i don't know the different skin type so not sure if it differs from men to women. But what i'm using at the min is:

Cleanser- La Roche Posay physiological gel / La Roche Posay cleansing water (for laziness instead of wipes)

Toner- Only sometimes, i use anything alcohol free

Exfoliator - Dior peeling lumiere, its a light chemical peel exfoliator, not to be used more than once a week but shifts dead skin with minimal effort really really well. Like billy o as my nana used to say (who was this billy o?) I only use this once a week and find it better than any other use very 2-3 days exfoliator . Previously used no 7 microdermabrasion and found it very underwhelming but didn't irritate my skin.

Serum : Dior one essential, this is my star in my skincare, if i could have one product this would be it. It cleared my skin up so well and maintains a nice 'fresh' glow. Just absolutely amazing. I always buy from the same girl so because she's really nice to me with getting samples that kind of keep the cost down when i'm getting a lot of things but just paying for this one and i get freebie facials and makeovers from time to time.

Moisturizer : Kiehls ultra facial, putting this on over the dior serum its fab, but kind of rubbish on its own.

Eye Cream : Guerlain super aqua eye serum, pretty good but i'm nearly at the end so i think i'll try the new dior essential one because i love that serum so much.

Spf : Just boots, just a tiny bit purely for spf.

I wouldn't tone of exfoliate every day. Looks like a lot but you get into a routine really easily. If i could have only two products i would def getting the exfolaitor and serum because i feel they've made the most difference to my skin and also because i know i'd probably get eye cream and moisturizer samples from dior to prop up my routine for a bit.

Honestly for yourself i'd suggest asking for samples to try first

The 8 hour cream has a vaseline thick gel type texture so would only be suitable at night, but could be ok with exfoliation. It more masks the dryness than actually repairing it. Personally i hate the smell of it and the general feeling but i know a few people who love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Thanks.Will look into it.
    <br />
    <br />
    they sell out in Wilde and Greene in milltown. its not very expensive and is so gentle to skin, cleans without taking anything from the skin while not leaving anything greasy on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

I'm getting married in a couple of months and and looking for a way
    to get rid of dry skin on my face.
    My skin is always flacky and ichy on my face (my head also)
    Have used things like "nivia" and "vasaline" but they don't seem
    to work.
    Any ideas guys and girls ?

For the hair I would try V05 hot oil and the face I would use Bio oil its best to use it at night when your going to bed rub it with the finger tips around the face (Dry patches),In the morning put 2 drops of bio oil into luke warm water to wash your face in the morning it should do the trick.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

start drinking tonnes of water...if im not drinking enough water i start to see it on my cheeks and start downing bottles of it straight away, always does the trick!

might or might not be the problem but it couldnt do anything but help

Advertisement