Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholesalers - Designer Clothing

Options
  • 12-01-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    Does anyone know where i can source real wholesalers in Ireland of Branded Clothing? Also does anyone know if there are any overstock/liquidation clothes warehouses in Ireland?

Any leads really appreciated. Impossible to get a list on the internet.... full of scams.

Does anyone know who I can contact to get a list of clothing wholesalers in Ireland??

Can't believe it is so hard to find a list, and this country is meant to be promoting business!!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭Homer

Fashion City is where most of the clothing wholesalers are centrally located just of the M50 at Ballymount. Of course there are some city centre based and a lot of clothing distributors are based outside of Ireland and ship in but Fashion City would be a great place to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 spinga

curious18 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Does anyone know where i can source real wholesalers in Ireland of Branded Clothing? Also does anyone know if there are any overstock/liquidation clothes warehouses in Ireland?

Hi
    Fashion city as quoted off Ballymount cross is a good starting point but...
    All the Aisians who import clothes into Ireland do via the UK, so exclude the middle men if you are going to be a big operation..
    Gheetingsham hill in Manchester is a bit of a hub for clothes retailers,
    I brought back clothes from there a few times for clients, a nice bit cheaper than fashion city, only prob is that most of them are not on the net, you have to go over and suss it out for your self...
    Hope this is of help
    Spinga

• Registered Users Posts: 25 curious18

Great thanks for your help. I am really a small operation. Basically an eBay trader but would like to get designer labels but would have to be cheap, as would have to be able to re-sell them at discounted prices.

Does anyone know where all the return clothing from Brown Thomas goes. Who buys those up?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ctbfashion

Hi,

i might be able to help you out i will PM you with email and see if its what your looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

There's no central repository or index of Irish wholesalers. You really are better looking to the UK. I know we should be promoting Irish businesses and all that, but the reality is in most cases (not all), you'll get much better prices if you take the extra effort to cross the water.

There's a UK website called www.thewholesaler.co.uk that lists most UK wholesalers who have an online presence. Wholesalers are charged a yearly fee to list on the site, which filters out the scammers and the Chinese suppliers. It's a good starting point, though the selection of branded sellers is not that great. See here: http://www.thewholesaler.co.uk/trade/distributor/Clothing_and_fashion_UK_wholesale_directory/Designer_Labels/

My advice would be to do some more online research, then pay a trip to Manchester if you don't find any solid leads online.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

curious18 wrote: »
    Great thanks for your help. I am really a small operation. Basically an eBay trader but would like to get designer labels but would have to be cheap, as would have to be able to re-sell them at discounted prices.

Most designer brands spend an awful lot of money trying to keep their gear off ebay as there is so much fake goods passed off there. Orders for designer goods are placed usually 6 months in advance and have a large minimum order amount to open an account in each department. Ie. their jeans department is different to the formal wear etc. The idea being if your shop is going to stock their jeans you need to have a full variety of styles, colours and sizes.

When outlets that sell designers get to the end of the season they liquidate all of their own stock in a sale or very occasionally may offload to the likes of TK Maxx in one large consignment.

Not much room for the ebayer, even if you bought the item in a sale for example you would have to bring them to a studio to get them shot or else try taking a decent image of them yourself. If you used an image from the company this would be copyright infringement.

Advertisement